Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 05:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Question Does anyone have experience writing for these couple of websites?

IAPWE: recently applied and was accepted to IAPWE. But it looks to me like it's just a job board with a lot of full-time positions, instead of being a site where you can take assignments. I found their ad on CraigsList.

Writers Bay - One of their recruiters found me on LinkedIn, said she was impressed, and told me about the site. I was accepted, but they require you to email a copy of your academic transcript, which I'll be doing today. The fact that they vet you like that sounds to me like it will be a decent site.

Content Gather - I'm thinking about signing up, but I wanted to hear if anyone recommends the site.

THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2017, 12:38 PM
Super WAHM

Came across an IAPWE job posting today:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/wri/6184258083.html

Name rang a bell so did a web search for IAPWE + scam. Here's just one of the warnings:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freelanceWr...mend_iapweorg/
Old 06-23-2017, 02:28 AM
WAHM Regular

I have never worked with any of these websites.
Among these websites once my friend mentioned about Writers Bay.
I have been working with Lettemwrite - Article Writing Competitions for more than three months. Competition is relatively low and pay rate is high.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonsonn View Post
I have never worked with any of these websites.
Among these websites once my friend mentioned about Writers Bay.
I have been working with Lettemwrite - Article Writing Competitions for more than three months. Competition is relatively low and pay rate is high.
I signed up for Lettemwrite, but there aren't any featherweight competitions, so I can't advance any yet

An employee from Writers Bay contacted me through LinkedIn. I made it through most of the application process, I just have to upload my digital transcript, as that is one of their requirements.

And I have since realized that the other site is a scam. It just shows you a compilation of jobs from various sites, which you still have to go and sign up for, so there is no point in paying $5/month for that.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:16 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Your academic transcript? That seems weird to me. I've never been asked for that and am not even sure where I'd find it, lol.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:50 AM
WAHM Regular

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
Your academic transcript? That seems weird to me. I've never been asked for that and am not even sure where I'd find it, lol.
Writer's Bay is an academic writing site where people can have research papers or theses reviewed and edited. The recruiter actually sought me out on LinkedIn. I'm still in the application process, though. *crosses fingers*

I called Auburn University and paid around $12 for a digital copy of my transcript back from 10 years ago. You just need to call the registrar's office.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:22 PM
WAHM Regular

WriterBay is a research paper mill. They clearly state that you'll be writing research papers.

If you're going to do this, I'd keep quiet about it on LinkedIn. It's not considered ethical, and it may cause legitimate clients to pass you by.

I'd seriously take a good at Glass Door reviews before moving forward with this place.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Wr...ws-E946302.htm

Last edited by Scarlett78; 07-21-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Registered WAHM

Default The IAPWE Is A Scam

The IAPWE is a scam. The job listings on Craigslist are a fake. They also create fake blogs and personas online to lure people in. I wrote an article about it on Medium to document my research and warn other writers:
Old 04-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Link To IAWPE Scam Article

Here is a link to the article I wrote documenting the IAPWE's scam on Medium:
https://medium.com/@tamaragane/the-i...s-a170c36e3456
Old 05-01-2018, 04:48 AM
Registered WAHM

thanks, I'll take a note

Closed Thread

Tags
content gathe, iapwe, writers bay