Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default problem with links, etc.

I have a work-related website and a personal site, and am having this problem on both:

For months, the issue I've not been able to resolve: whenever I post links on my sites, clicking the links results in my own accounts opening. This occurs even when I'm logged out of the accounts- either they automatically open, or my log-in info is visible.
I've checked with owners of the sites I've linked to, and no one can figure it out.

Most recently, I posted a link to an article; in the article there was an image for a book sold on Amazon. Clicking on the image takes me to the page where the book is sold, AND my own Amazon account.

I've cleared cache, cookies, etc., but while it's made quite a mess of my email passwords, etc., it did not resolve this problem.

As I like to include links that I think people would be interested in, would anyone here know if there's a way to do it without readers having access to my accounts?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 03:22 AM
WAHM Regular

What browser are you using?

I would first try a different browser that you don't typically use, even if you need to download one for testing purposes, and click your links in that browser to see what happens. Chances are, you wouldn't have the same problem. Definitely sounds like a browser setting issue.

Rest assured, though, that without your username and password for the websites, other people won't be able to gain access (in other words, your link to your account/profile won't contain your password for other people to be able to log in). Have you tried asking a friend to test it out on their computer and see what happens?