Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Super WAHM

Default Passive Solutions Writing Site

Here's a recent writing site I came across. I tried it out, but it didn't work out for me for reasons I rather not go into.

Anyway, in-depth information is here in case anyone else wants to join: Freelance Writers Wanted For Our New Content Platform (We Just Went LIVE) - ProBlogger Jobs
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Super WAHM

Major red flag:

"Copy ID/passport or driving license (feel free to edit out sensitive info)"
Old 12-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQueue View Post
Major red flag:

It's okay. The site requires an ID to verify that you reside in an Anglophone country. Like it said, you can hide private information prior to sending it.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrr88 View Post
It's okay. The site requires an ID to verify that you reside in an Anglophone country. Like it said, you can hide private information prior to sending it.
Good way to become an identity theft victim (and for content mill wages) even if you block out 'sensitive' info. Today's technology is just too good to give criminals any portion/screenshots of your official documents.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Good way to become an identity theft victim (and for content mill wages) even if you block out 'sensitive' info. Today's technology is just too good to give criminals any portion/screenshots of your official documents.
I never thought about it that way. It seems legit since people have been paid. The site runs a Leaderboard Contest for those who write the most articles by rewarding them with a cash bonus.

I just hope nothing was done with my info since I can no longer join as a writer because of a thoughtless blunder I committed.

Last edited by ssrr88; 12-09-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:49 AM
Awesome WAHM

I took a look and their TOP rate is 3.2 cents/word...
Old 12-10-2016, 12:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Major red flag:

It's not that unusual for sites to require ID.

On the other hand, a maximum rate of just 3.2c per word is pretty disappointing. I'd be okay with that as a starting rate, but it's not much to aspire to.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
It's not that unusual for sites to require ID.

On the other hand, a maximum rate of just 3.2c per word is pretty disappointing. I'd be okay with that as a starting rate, but it's not much to aspire to.
Guess y'all are more trusting than I am.

Recent LinkedIn phishing scam re: personal identity info (DL, Passport, etc.)
https://www.scmagazine.com/linkedin-...rticle/571579/
Old 12-26-2016, 05:28 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Title?

Thanks for the mention ssrr88 and a merry christmas to you and everyone else. I don't really know who you are based on your forum name here but you can always reach out to talk.

For everyone else, I am the owner of Passive Solutions and our name is popping up at more and more places so we'll go from an unknown place to a well known place soon, especially as there is some heavy promotion planned in January and onwards.

What is Passive Solutions?

In short, a content platform in a freelance setup where writers and clients negotiate their own terms and prices. However we actually vet the writers for our clients and rate them based on the work they provide so that clients can select a certain quality level, provide a budget and then the bidding can start.

Lol WHAT??? He's lieing!!!

Nope, I decided to do it differently and the past seven days I've worked my *** off to transform the platform into a freelance variant in an attempt to attract better writers as I know just as well as all of you that content-mills have a terrible reputation.

I changed prices a couple of times during our testing phase and it's hard to please everyone so I took the suggestion from a well-respected writer in a Facebook group and as said changed it completely and now the writers decide their own prices and I take a 20% margin.

That much?

Yes it's much needed when you consider all the costs involved, it's not cheap to land clients, neither is it cheap to find writers, perhaps the latter changes ove time. For the record Textbroker grabs about 70%, other freelance platforms charge the same 20%, but as said, we offer an additional benefit to our clients by vetting the writers ourselves so I think it's still a very tight margin and a heck of a deal for everyone involved.

Can you trust Passive Solutions?

So far I've paid out somewhere in the range of $10k-15k since the start to about 60-80 writers that all could vouch for me, it helped that one of my clients placed an order for 600 articles (link building content), but a very large part came from me too as I was rebuilding 30 Amazon affiliate websites which are now complete, as well as processing link building content for my 25 or so monthly SEO clients.

So this platform didn't appear out of nowhere, I've always had large content needs for my business so it only made sense to set up such platform one day.

As we speak we're working on a new front design for the site, which should give it a much more professional appearance, the design is ready and the designer is now putting it into code and I expect it ready before the end of this year.

For the moment I actually put a hold on recruiting writers as I've been crazy busy and still am but soon I will adjust our current advertisements, I think the Problogger one expired by now btw but it may still be accessible, I have to check that out and adjust it accordingly.

So, Passive Solutions is my new baby and will receive my full attention for the next years (who knows decades) to come and slowly I will move out of the SEO business in its current form.

Keep an eye on us I would say, just Google the name in a while and you're probably gonna love it and are welcome to join. I do have to say we're a little strict in the beginning but that's just me you have to get used to, once you're in and you provide solid work to our clients you probably love the place.

Happy holidays and see you inside!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:53 AM
Super WAHM

Anyone still writing for this company? How is it going?