Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Scripted deadlines

Any Scripted writers on here? If so, what happens when you miss a deadline on Scripted? Does it seriously lower your writer score?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2016, 05:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

In the old days, when you could see your score, it would go down a point for whatever category the article was in. Now, though, as far as I know, you can't see your score. I'd assume it goes down the point still, but there's no real way to verify that. I don't think it's an issue if you don't make a habit of it. I also think (though I could be mistaken) that releasing the job might not count against you (as much?) as just missing the deadline because you forgot or whatever.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:11 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks. Unfortunately, I can't release the job as it's a revision request. The client is pretty much asking for a total rewrite and it'll take up far too much of my time.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:27 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Write in and tell the Scripted people. Sometimes they'll pay you half of the article's fee even if you don't do the revisions. They might also raise the price, especially if the client wants more words. I've found them to be pretty fair.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:15 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yeah, as long as you don't make a habit of missing deadlines, you should be ok. And releasing the job before it's due doesn't affect your score. Releasing it after the due date/time lowers it by like one point. And Scripted does usually give you 50 percent payment even if the client rejects the article, either right away or after revisions. I'm not sure about if you don't complete the revisions. I feel like I missed a revision deadline once and still got half payment, but it was years ago so I could be remembering it wrong. If you don't get half payment automatically, i agree that you should write to Scripted to explain the situation.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:37 PM
WAHM Regular

I let revision requests expire all the time if they're too demanding. You still get half payment. A few hours before the deadline you'll get a pop up asking if you're working on it, to which you can click "no" if you want to release the job.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Registered WAHM

Default o.o

hmmm i don't know