Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Scripted

Did everybody receive the email from Scipted today, the one about how they're completely changing how users can claim jobs?

I'm used to changes, but this sounds like a big one. I logged in and saw there were 183 jobs. I couldn't claim any of them. This must have been when they were still integrating the system that says only jobs you can claim will show up as now there's nothing there.

I'm an editor at the site too, and know that some of the writing is very bad. Yet my work is good - when I'm getting paid $50 for an article, I make sure it is! My articles very rarely get edited and I've never received negative feedback from anyone at Scripted, so I don't know why I can't claim work. Is work showing up for anybody else? As I said, there were 150+ jobs earlier, before they disappeared from view.

It would be a shame if this rings the death knell for me and Scripted - they were always a good source of work.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2015, 12:38 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I did not get the email. I do see a lot fewer jobs in my queue, but I know projects come and go so that's not a surprise to me. I would prefer not to see jobs I can't take; the 5 I can see right now are jobs I can take, so this way is fine by me. But like I said, I didn't get that email, so I don't know the details of the proposed changes.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:11 AM
Banned

I got the email, but to be honest, I've never written for them. Just signed up once when I was signing up for a bunch of stuff.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Banned

I got the email, and it was like stirring cement with my eyelashes to read it and make sense of it. I've never written for them either, for one thing, because of commentary I've read on different forums about people having a hard time getting their money. That's a huge red flag for me. Also, there are a couple of sites I signed up for where the directions for getting work, navigating the site, etc., were so confusing, I just gave up. And those sites never return emails, which is another red flag for me. Who's manning the ship? Didn't that email just have a first name on it too? Seriously? Places where the management can't even sign their full names--another red flag.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclades View Post
I got the email, and it was like stirring cement with my eyelashes to read it and make sense of it. I've never written for them either, for one thing, because of commentary I've read on different forums about people having a hard time getting their money. That's a huge red flag for me. Also, there are a couple of sites I signed up for where the directions for getting work, navigating the site, etc., were so confusing, I just gave up. And those sites never return emails, which is another red flag for me. Who's manning the ship? Didn't that email just have a first name on it too? Seriously? Places where the management can't even sign their full names--another red flag.
Scripted is legit.

Can any writers tell me if they'r typically seeing work available? Since they no longer show jobs I can't claim, I have no idea whether I'm just ranked too low to claim them or if they just don't have any work...

Anybody?
Old 11-03-2015, 10:45 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I see a few articles available here and there. There were none available for a few days last week, but now I see one. I was able to write 3 or 4 a couple weeks ago. It works out because this site is a backup for me and I'm pretty busy with private clients for now, but I do appreciate the occasional article available on Scripted.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I write and edit for Scripted and there are usually articles available on both sides, but things have been slow this week. October was more active than November has been so far, and as you may have seen, the editing queue was down to zero over the weekend. There's an influx of a few big travel projects right now in my writing queue, though, and I've picked up a couple of writing jobs this week.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:32 AM
WHAM Me You

I find the email in the spam folder.
I didnt read it tho.