Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Registered WAHM

Cool Are there any writing jobs where you don't get paid with Paypal?

I was looking for some writing jobs but alot of them seem to be that you will get paid via paypal. I had a disagreement with paypal seven years ago and they froze my account for six months. Never cared for it since then, in fact, never really cared for it before hand either.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2015, 05:23 AM
WAHM Addict

Unfortunately, it seems that all of them are paying with PayPal. Also, you're really limiting yourself in that you won't be able to write for private clients, which is where the real money is at. I understand where you're coming from and please don't think I'm being harsh, just truthful.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:46 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Scripted pays through Bills.com. And of course you can work for private clients. People still pay invoices by check and the good old Pony Express.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAHMBrenda View Post
Unfortunately, it seems that all of them are paying with PayPal. Also, you're really limiting yourself in that you won't be able to write for private clients, which is where the real money is at. I understand where you're coming from and please don't think I'm being harsh, just truthful.
I would agree. Almost all of the folks I've worked for have needed PayPal, so I would suggest trying to find a way around. Some sites do allow you to use a different PayPal ID that your own, maybe your spouse's, a relative's for example, but you need to check with the specific site whether that is okay with them. That's the only way around I can think of, maybe there is more, but you'd need to find a way if you want to expand your client base.
Old 03-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Well, I would if I could but after they froze my account for 6 months (where I had almost $700) they banned me. My relatives or friends aren't really big online buyers and the ones that have pp won't let me use it in case something happens with their account. This was tied back with when I was selling on back on ebay.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:37 AM
WAHM Regular

CopyPress was paying me via bill.com.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:07 AM
WAHM Regular

I think Elance pays through your bank account and ContentRunner.com does too.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Hi man,

First sorry to hear about your issues with PayPal. As the owner of a small company who hires people, Paypal is just such an amazing convenient option that I think most other entrepreneurs naturally use it. I'm going to imagine there are a lot of people similar to us that use it for most of our payments.

In terms of other options, you may want to checkout oDesk and Elance. The bigger freelances sites will likely offer multiple payment options.

Finally, if you're looking for a side gig and want to work with some private clients, you may consider asking for Amazon gift cards instead of Paypal. These are both free for the business owners, and can be used to get most consumer goods. This can't be the only payment solution since it won't pay rent or utility bills; however, it may be an option if the gig would be supplemental income.

Cheers,
Old 03-17-2015, 02:20 AM
Author & Entrepreneur

A good alternative to PayPal is Payoneer.

I actually prefer using Payoneer for my clients, but you will still find that many people will still want to pay via Paypal