Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Default BubbleWS stealing writers money?

I just read an article about Bubblews owing people money and not paying. Is this true? The site seemed to have had a great start and then just fizzled. What gives?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

They owe me like $75. Not to mention, I have $45 in my account now that I can't get until I get to $50, which is hard when I don't work on the site anymore.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

After slashing my last payment by 40 percent (they did this to everyone!) I was finished with the site. The people running the site wanted to be well-known like Facebook but have destroyed their reputation. From what I am seeing all the revenue share sites have ethically issues. It was good while it lasted though. The concept of earning residual income forever from these sites is just not true. You got to make as much money as possible before running for the hills. It is just like working for a brick-and-mortar company that changes drastically with new bosses hounding you or not paying you - you would leave and that is what the very best writers did. Personally, I can't afford to write for free, but it was a fun site to socialize.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

I don't really want to jump on the "I hate Bubblews" bandwagon, but I'm getting kinda fed up with it, too.

My first "dislike" was due to the change in payout minimum- although I understand their point, it's been more than inconvenient.
More recently, though, I've seen a) my views/comments usually range from 0-3, whereas there used to be dozens; and b) instead of the "bank" increasing by the day, I'm lucky to see a penny added in weeks. At first I thought it was because I was off the site for a long time due to computer problems, and maybe lost followers, but I noticed other posters there have said the same thing.

Bubblews has always paid me on time; and to the best of my knowledge never took any of my earnings; but these changes have started to make it a waste of time.

When I came back after being off site for a long time, I noticed the Admins had posted that there had been various improvements- but I haven't seen any.

Last edited by gatitosmommy; 02-20-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:18 PM
Awesome WAHM

I wrote there for about a year. I got paid everything owed. But more and more I was seeing that they weren't being transparent at all and I suspected that there was a lot happening behind the scenes that they weren't tell writers. Sometimes there are things that writers don't really need to know but when it comes to getting paid - well, it's a writer's livelihood. They should be able to make an educated decision on whether or not to stay with the site or not.

Writers are people - not just numbers - and they should be treated as such.

Ultimately, that's why I stopped.

Can they recover what has been lost? Only time will tell!
Old 02-22-2015, 06:56 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
From what I am seeing all the revenue share sites have ethically issues
I'm sorry, I disagree with you and just had to say that. Dmcgaw is well known around here and runs a network of sites, which are found in her signature. I highly recommend those sites as they're the only rev share sites that you really can trust anymore. And no, I'm not trying to kiss up or make money or... It's just that I really do believe it.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:47 AM
Awesome WAHM

They owe me money and I gave up after sending them mails every two weeks for about a year. I never believed it was a sustainable model and when the main guy confessed, it was just a confirmation of what was known to many. I don't have any hopes of them making a comeback.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:19 AM
Author & Entrepreneur

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunice1 View Post
I just read an article about Bubblews owing people money and not paying. Is this true? The site seemed to have had a great start and then just fizzled. What gives?
Yes it's true.

They started out okay, then started missing a few payments, then paying out almost no one.

I ended up with about $200 of outstanding payments that I never received.

Eventually I pulled all of my articles and used them elsewhere.

18 months ago I would have recommended Bubblews, now there is no way.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:59 AM
Super WAHM

Yes, this has been going on for a while now. I did write for them myself, but after reading about too many people getting locked out of the site, not being paid and other things, I took my content off the site and put it somewhere else. Couldn't see myself doing all that work just to get burned in the end.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:57 AM
Awesome WAHM

I have some articles up there. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess in that I didn't have too many posts on there, but ultimately, this just underscores the importance of trying to own your own blog/site rather than writing for someone else. I haven't taken down and moved my articles yet, but I can't imagine how people who've posted 100s of posts are going to take it down and post it elsewhere. Seems like a lot of work to do.