Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default So is the decline in TB articles reflected at other content sites?

I just dropped in to check TB and the pickings were very, very thin. According to some regulars, it's been that way for a while. Is this just a momentary lull in TB's orders or is it reflected at other sites?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2014, 10:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I think most people moved to Team Orders on TB, which is good for me. I got demoted to a 3 and now get the bulk of my work from TOs.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
WAHM Regular

I agree about the Team Orders. Although the Open Orders board is slim, I've been busier than ever on TB over the past three months. Right now there are 402 Team Orders on my sidebar.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I generally haven't looked into team orders-- how hard is it to join? I wasn't overly happy about having to provide writing samples that I couldn't use for anything else.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Super WAHM

Agree about teams. Between teams and direct orders, I only check the OO pool once a week if that. When applying for teams, hit the last page first. A lot of teams just want a simple description of your experience to see if you're a good fit. For those that require a sample, I keep a few saved samples on my computer for the top genres/topics, so I always have one on hand.

Once you get on a managed team, you'll get a lot more offers too, at least in my experience. I keep getting new invites for managed teams that pay higher than the OO pool. The downside is that those teams usually take awhile to pay out. It can sometimes take a few weeks after writing something before I get paid.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:13 AM
Registered WAHM

I've worked at TB for a while now, and it's always slowest right before the holidays and busiest during the summer. I think that's something that also rings true for many other article sites as well.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:06 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzy View Post
I've worked at TB for a while now, and it's always slowest right before the holidays and busiest during the summer. I think that's something that also rings true for many other article sites as well.
It's usually the opposite for me, lol. The summer is usually slow at the content sites I write for. They just started to pick up in the last month and will probably be busy until the week of Christmas. I rarely write for TB anymore but I know it was dead until recently, and the open order pool seems to have picked up a bit this week. The teams seem like a waste of time for me because the ones I am on never have work. Maybe it's time to apply for more and hope they actually respond, since I've had some team applications pending for months. :/