Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default New Bubblews Information

Bubblews just changed payments to only being every 30 days!

In other news, since I was cashing out about once a week I have close to $500 in payments that I am waiting for. About half of that is very past due.

In other news, the view button has disappeared from posts, so writers don't know if views will stop counting now too.

They recently announced that international posters must wait 60 to 90 days for payments while UK, USA, Canadian and Australians would get paid in 35.

I am not sure I want to wait 30 days to redeem, then have to contact them in a month or more to start asking for payments that haven't shown up.

I counted on my weekly payouts to pay things like utility bills or whatever, not wait forever for payment.

They did a great job of paying out for a while but again are getting behind!

I have a feeling a lot of writers will now leave the site, leading to fewer likes and comments.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Awesome WAHM

After I posted the message above, more changes were made. Each rule is on a different page so that makes it difficult to know what is going on. I am not sure their team knows what is going on either.

In addition to only redeeming once every 30 days, everyone gets paid (sure we do!) in 60 days!

On your bank page you can list your past due claims if the things are behind at least 36 days and were redeemed before Oct. 10, 2014. Sounds great doesn't it?

So I did that and there my redeem claims sit with no response from the team.

One of the new rules is if you email or contact the team or send another claim - they will delete your account!

Needless to say, many people left the site over those new rules (not to mention not being paid).

However, writers no longer see views because it is a secret formula based on international rates.

In other words, there is no way of know what a view, like or comment pays at all.

For me, the thing that bothers me the most is late payments and not being able to do anything about it but wait!

Now you could post for 30 days, redeem at $400 and not see payment in 60 days and then have to start making a claim with no result.

In other words you could wait several months for a payment!

They should have installed an automatic payment system like a few other sites have IMO.

Until I get my past due payments, I am only going to post a couple of times a day which is what many other writers are doing.

I don't want my account deleted for non-activity but can't afford to make them money when I am not.

Last edited by Success19; 10-15-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:51 PM
Grand WAHM

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this isn't a sign of a lot more changes to come.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Super WAHM

Kind of sounds like Class Action lawsuit time.

I bet a lot of companies would love to implement a rule that you can only request payment for money owed you one time, and no matter how far past due it goes, if you ask again, you get deleted and (presumably) forfeit your money. Pretty sure the law would not be on their side on that one.

I sure hope you get paid soon.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Author & Entrepreneur

Bubblews is very inconsistent with payments. I finally gave up once I had over $200 of payments that were just never sent. It seemed totally hit and miss to me with which of my claims they paid, and which they didn't.

Now I only bother posting on there if I have a long forum post reply and link to bubblews.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

Yes, I got a payment but have several hundred dollars worth of missing payments in between that is on my claims page (that's a new thing to placate writers).

They have a new rule that you can't post recipes unless you can prove it is 100 percent yours.

They say that ingredients and measurements are coming up plagarized on recipes.

Well, anything could come up plagarized, including talking about today's weather, a television program or health topics.

Of course, this rule is not on their about page, it is deep on one of the team's page.

Whatever!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

Ummm...if they knew anything about copyright rules and ingredients and measurements they would know that those are copyright free.

You can use the exact same list of measurements/ingredients as long as the instructions and other parts of the recipe are yours.