Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Have You Considered Getting Into PLR Market?

I am just wondering if anyone has thought of starting in the selling PLR market? I know some people who do pretty well selling articles, reports etc. with PLR - especially to the make money online niche. I was going to get started with it myself, but have too many other things going on so I have had to step back and focus on one thing at a time I have my site that I started to set up - along with logo and premium Wordpress theme - that I am selling if anyone would like a bit of a head start. I also have a couple long reports to sell as PLR.

Just let me know if you are interested. It is a great market to get into if you are a writer. You find the niches that people want content for, and you can make some decent money.

Marie
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 09:34 AM
WAHM Regular

It sounds interesting. How do I get started?
Old 08-07-2014, 06:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2amor View Post
I am just wondering if anyone has thought of starting in the selling PLR market? I know some people who do pretty well selling articles, reports etc. with PLR - especially to the make money online niche. I was going to get started with it myself, but have too many other things going on so I have had to step back and focus on one thing at a time I have my site that I started to set up - along with logo and premium Wordpress theme - that I am selling if anyone would like a bit of a head start. I also have a couple long reports to sell as PLR.

Just let me know if you are interested. It is a great market to get into if you are a writer. You find the niches that people want content for, and you can make some decent money.

Marie
I have been selling PLR since 2005 when it was just coming about and getting popular. There is a lot more money to be made from having a plr shop and selling a vast majority of products. I have successfully owned three PLR shops in the make money niche and now I am in the process of selling the last one and starting a new one that is focused in the weight loss niche.

It is fantastic because it is like you are writing 5000 words of content but instead of say selling it for $2 per 100 words you are selling it 200 times over for $27 instead. This price is for ebooks and for plr articles you can still sell a pack of 5 400 word articles for $5, but sell it to 100 people.

Meaning that if you were earning $2 per 100 words to a private client you would earn $40 where as 100 packs sold at $5 would result in $500.

Then design one pack a month and you have an extra income stream of $6000 a year.

Small change I know and not enough to pay the bills but what if you built up enough of it to go full time and to match a decent salary you would only have to write 5000 words a month?

Also if you sell plr in either weight loss or make money online niches there is a lot of money to be made and they are easy to sell to.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:11 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwldream View Post
I have been selling PLR since 2005 when it was just coming about and getting popular. There is a lot more money to be made from having a plr shop and selling a vast majority of products. I have successfully owned three PLR shops in the make money niche and now I am in the process of selling the last one and starting a new one that is focused in the weight loss niche.

It is fantastic because it is like you are writing 5000 words of content but instead of say selling it for $2 per 100 words you are selling it 200 times over for $27 instead. This price is for ebooks and for plr articles you can still sell a pack of 5 400 word articles for $5, but sell it to 100 people.

Meaning that if you were earning $2 per 100 words to a private client you would earn $40 where as 100 packs sold at $5 would result in $500.

Then design one pack a month and you have an extra income stream of $6000 a year.

Small change I know and not enough to pay the bills but what if you built up enough of it to go full time and to match a decent salary you would only have to write 5000 words a month?

Also if you sell plr in either weight loss or make money online niches there is a lot of money to be made and they are easy to sell to.
So if a writer wanted to create PLR packs for the weight loss or make money online niches, the content should be very generic so it can be used on multiple sites/newsletters regardless of product, or should it be more specific with useful information on a specific product i.e. a Clickbank product? Is the 5 for $5 pricing structure the best way to go or are some PLR buyers looking for higher priced packs with more specific content? Once the pack is ready to sell, okay to simply post on the WSO section of Warrior Forum with a link to email or is a landing page and banner ad necessary? Thanks for your help!
Old 08-18-2014, 03:49 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQueue View Post
So if a writer wanted to create PLR packs for the weight loss or make money online niches, the content should be very generic so it can be used on multiple sites/newsletters regardless of product, or should it be more specific with useful information on a specific product i.e. a Clickbank product? Is the 5 for $5 pricing structure the best way to go or are some PLR buyers looking for higher priced packs with more specific content? Once the pack is ready to sell, okay to simply post on the WSO section of Warrior Forum with a link to email or is a landing page and banner ad necessary? Thanks for your help!
Hi Suzie,

Yes I always try to make it more general so that people can adapt it to their own needs. For example if you are doing a pack for the weight loss niche you could do a pack for healthy eating, a pack for general weight loss, a pack for fitness and so on.

I find the best way to take any new income venture on is to see how others are doing it successfully and follow suit. Research what they do, how they do it and what they include.

And yes with the WF you could just post a wso to the sales page and you can also use jv zoo for getting affiliates promoting it for you.

Its also a good idea to build up a mailing list so that you have someone to sell them to.

For price it depends what you are including. For example I am putting one up at the moment for $7 on healthy eating and including:

10 articles
30 tweets
10 viral social images
1 infographic

And I am planning on getting into the habit of getting at least 2 out a month.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Hi Suzie,

Yes I always try to make it more general so that people can adapt it to their own needs. For example if you are doing a pack for the weight loss niche you could do a pack for healthy eating, a pack for general weight loss, a pack for fitness and so on.

I find the best way to take any new income venture on is to see how others are doing it successfully and follow suit. Research what they do, how they do it and what they include.

And yes with the WF you could just post a wso to the sales page and you can also use jv zoo for getting affiliates promoting it for you.

Its also a good idea to build up a mailing list so that you have someone to sell them to.

For price it depends what you are including. For example I am putting one up at the moment for $7 on healthy eating and including:

10 articles
30 tweets
10 viral social images
1 infographic

Has anyone told you you're AWESOME?!!!
Old 08-18-2014, 10:06 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Hi Suzie,

10 articles
30 tweets
10 viral social images
1 infographic

Do you have your own site or are you just listing them on places like Fiverr?
Old 08-19-2014, 05:42 AM
WAHM Regular

I feel pretty confident that I could write great PLR articles and ebooks, but not too sure about how to get viral worthy photos that I could sell as PLR, or info graphics.

Is there a place anyone here recommends? I haven't bitten the bullet and built a PLR site yet, but goodness knows I have enough content lying around my brain for one, lol!

Now, if I could only write as fast as I can think of the article ideas, I'd be sorted!
Old 08-22-2014, 07:31 AM
WAHM Fanatic

The PLR market is certainly viable but not as much as it once was. With the Google slaps over the past years more sites are looking for original content. I am not saying you can't be successful with it, but I know several who have gotten out of the PLR business because it is not as lucrative, yet still competitive.

That said it is always worth a try if it interests you. But before you set up shop with a website and invest the time, you may want to try selling it on different venues to see how it goes. You can list your PLR in the classified section at different sites like Digital Point and other IM forums. Some are free. You can use free online services to collect the money and deliver the product.

That will give you a good idea if the market will work for you.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQueue View Post
Has anyone told you you're AWESOME?!!!
Thanks Suzie,

And hope it goes well for you. It actually took me a while to get my first new PLR article package together and it went live at the weekend.

But now I have a routine with it I am sure I will get more of them out there.

I hope it goes well for you and FYI every single PLR provider I know that does PLR article packs are previous content writers so there is no reason why you shouldn't do it too