Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWMM View Post
T
Content Divas
Domainite
Consumer Search
Article Document
Copify
The Motley Fool
Contently
Great Content
Make Me Heal
CopyPress
Legal Zoom
Text Link Brokers
Need An Article
Money Crashes
How Stuff Works

P.S. Would anyone like me to list some more leads publicly?
Snipped. In case no one has posted it - Helium also has a content mill. I can't remember the exact web address and I'm not at home.

I don't use content mills often. I will this week simply to fill in some free time. My favorite is Textbroker. I've NEVER had an issue with pay or my rating being reduced for any reason. I'm sure I have others. Primarily I've set up a ton of email feeds that deliver new things to my inbox. Yesterday I deleted more than I bothered to apply for. It's a nice problem to have, but it gets to be a pain sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Banned

I wouldn't count on finding work at Helium; it's finished.

I don't worry much about the blabbing. The newbies can have Textbroker -- that's what it's for, really, because experienced writers know better. As I've already said, the better places have waiting lists and pesky little grammar tests that help keep them from being overrun.

Don't forget about iWriter and Hirewriters.

Last edited by Fairbanks; 06-02-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Super WAHM

As I wrote before - silly and arrogant.

I don't think anyone should be "shamed" or "guilted" into sharing leads. People should share only if they want to.

I also don't understand the sense of entitlement from people who demand that no one share leads on a forum for fear the company will run out of work.

Below are a few more leads I have come across. I rarely list leads publicly because I think people can find jobs on their own. I won't be listing any more. Happy researching!

Consumer Track
Content Equals Money
What's Your Impact
Value Click
Human Rewriter
Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Banned

Some of the places you've listed belong in the "Bad content mills" thread, HWMM, and at least one no longer exists.

Good luck selling your book.

I'd advise any new writers to research some of these places before investing much time -- some are outright scams and others pay at about the same rate as iWriter. Finding places to write for a penny or less per word is easy.

Last edited by Fairbanks; 06-02-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiernansmom View Post
So you can doubt all you you want, but it's reality. But hey, maybe you'll get lucky and won't be affected!
I doubted that ALL the lurkers would apply. I realize that many will apply. But will they get hired? Who knows?

I don't need luck. I won't be affected because I focus on B2B copywriting. I write mostly business articles for Scripted, and my scores are high enough that I get first access to the work. I may write several articles a month at most. So I am really not worried.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:

I don't think anyone should be "shamed" or "guilted" into sharing leads. People should share only if they want to.
Agreed, and yet the tone of this thread says otherwise. People who want to share can share; no one can stop them. Others can only make sure they're aware of what they're really doing.

And yeah, I agree that most of the companies you listed do not belong on the good content mill list, which is the whole point of this thread.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
I doubted that ALL the lurkers would apply. I realize that many will apply. But will they get hired? Who knows?

I don't need luck. I won't be affected because I focus on B2B copywriting. I write mostly business articles for Scripted, and my scores are high enough that I get first access to the work. I may write several articles a month at most. So I am really not worried.
Well, that's nice that you won't be affected. I won't either, yet I have been in the past and was just letting you know that these threads might be great for newbies, but not so much for the writers already working there. But the good news is that I don't think many of the mills you listed are considered great, so this thread serves the same purpose as the stickied threads. Carry on!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned

She forgot to list that company that sometimes gets talked about here -- I can't remember the name, but it pays something like eighty cents an article. It has a strange name, and they send you work via email.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 AM
WAHM Fanatic

My advice to newbies would be to read the stickies. That's why they're there.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
Some of the places you've listed belong in the "Bad content mills" thread, HWMM, and at least one no longer exists.

Good luck selling your book. .
Thanks for the info, but I did write "happy researching." I also think that "good" and "bad" content mills are relative. Many here love TB, but I never liked it and stopped writing for the mill ages ago.

You don't need luck to sell a book. You need to know how to market products.

Any companies I put in my ebook will be carefully researched. I also plan to give the ebook away for free as part of a larger project I am working on.

Closed Thread