Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:32 AM
Registered WAHM

Default what are the best mturk alternatives?

it seems like many make the most or make a consistent payday on mturk. What are some other alternatives?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Grand WAHM

There are many alternatives. What are you interested in doing? Are you specifically interested in writing? If so, writing for yourself is one option. Or are you interested in other things?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:48 AM
WAHM Fanatic

So, can you actually make consistent money from mTurk?

How do you go about doing that?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:38 AM
WAHM Regular

I make about $5 per day on MTurk. I mostly do surveys but will do short transcription on occasion. I'm still building my reputation so I'm not eligible for most of the higher paying jobs but I'm trying!

I've been seeking another egg like MTurk but haven't found ANY that pay daily like MTurk.

Microworkers is very similar but you need $9 in your account to cash out which can be challenging to get in 1 day.

User testing pays very quickly but there's not always available work. It's a website usability testing gig.

Any micro task site will be similar but the payout options are the big differences. Good luck and PLEASE let me know what you find.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:42 PM
WAHM Regular

5 dollars a day? Unless you're spending only about 30 minutes a day on this, run, do not walk away from Mturk. You can easily make (in a few hours) $20 or more on Textbroker.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:08 AM
WAHM Regular

I LOVE Mturk because I can have cash in my pocket almost every day of the week, esp since now you can cash out at $1.00.

The most important thing is to link up with people who know what they're doing. By far the best place for that is Turkernation.com. I went from making $2/day to $20-30 a day because of them. And because of the qualifications I have (because of them), there have been days I've made $100 or more a day. My highest day was something like $250 (it was a certain qualification though).

I know you're asking about alternatives but I have yet to see the same earning potential/withdrawal-ability. I know people do clickworkers but I never went there cause I also hear it's glitchy, only works in IE (?) and the work is sporadic...never really paid attention because Mturk is the best imo, for what it is
Old 04-30-2014, 06:33 AM
WAHM Regular

I like Blogmutt. Depending on your areas of expertise, you can write about 2-5 posts an hour. $8/post.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Microworkers is considered one of the best websites that is comparable to mTurk. Thousands of tasks are available on a daily basis.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to Lori786

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalovesart View Post
I like Blogmutt. Depending on your areas of expertise, you can write about 2-5 posts an hour. $8/post.
Sounds interesting. Need to try that one out, never heard of it before.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile Quick Frankly

Quick Frankly i use short task mturk and domicrotasks.