Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Super WAHM

Default Need list of content mills for beginners...

I'm writing an article for my website and looking for a few of the best content mills for new freelancers. Can anyone help me out? TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Awesome WAHM

Please don't take this wrong when I say this. I honestly don't mean it to be rude or sarcastic. Do a google search for sites similar to textbroker. That will give you a list of sites. Don't forget to reference them to make sure they are still open for business. You could try a Google search for content mills and then break it down by searching for posts only done in the last few months to a year. Otherwise just look at the stickies in this folder and search the forum for content mills. As far as a list just in this thread....honestly it's been posted so many times that a search here and google are your best bet to find what you need and do your own research that will give you what you need for the article.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Banned

I agree with jwinter.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Super WAHM

Wow, it's not that I'm not doing my OWN research, I just thought I would ask here since it's a writer's forum. I guess next time I'll just Google and not even bother asking here.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Awesome WAHM

It's not that it is just that we are not the ones writing the article. It's for your website. We don't know if a client ordered it and it is a guest post or if you are doing it for yourself. We don't know what info you need, the angle you are taking, what info you want to put, etc. What you came here and asked for is info that is discussed everyday, is listed in stickies, and is in a Google search. Unless there was something more specific you needed, which you didn't say, then the answer many of us are going to give is the one I gave. The only other answer was given to you by LilBlackDress and she offered for you to go to her site (which is awesome by the way) and check out her list for things you may have missed.

Unless there is something else we missed or something more you need info on then I'm not sure what you wanted unless it was a copy and paste list that already is in the...well stickies.

Like I said to start off. My response wasn't rude or sarcastic and some people honestly don't know that a search for "sites similar to" gives you a page that lists hundreds of sites that are similar to whatever you type in. Thought I was helping...sorry it wasn't what you wanted.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 AM
WAHM Addict

I agree with JWinter too, but more importantly, I know many writers are starting to protect where they write. I write for a content mill that the general mass of lurkers haven't discovered yet, so there is plenty of work to go around. But once word slips out, and eventually it will, the work vanishes. So many of us have been burned by that situation that we've become very protective of giving information out.

I found myself reaching that point when a client I'd had for years contacted me to say that so-and-so had contacted him offering to beat my rates. Then another client informed me of the same thing. After some research I found the writer had "linked" to me on LinkedIn and went through my work list and emailed everyone on it. Now people ask to link to me daily, but only writers I know well or have worked with make it onto my list.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:40 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
I agree with JWinter too, but more importantly, I know many writers are starting to protect where they write. I write for a content mill that the general mass of lurkers haven't discovered yet, so there is plenty of work to go around. But once word slips out, and eventually it will, the work vanishes. So many of us have been burned by that situation that we've become very protective of giving information out.
I'm a member on a fishing board that has a similar problem. Those folks are jealous of their secret sweet fishing spots, and they hate it when someone posts the location to the board. There are dozens of lurkers for every member, and once a location goes out, the spot is overwhelmed and overfished, and often ruined (and littered, to boot).

Proper etiquette there is to describe what species of fish you were after, what gear you used and how, and what results you got, but never reveal exactly where. Some won't even name the body of water.

*G* and they really REALLY won't share their mushrooming sites.

Last edited by Scioto; 09-18-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:30 AM
Banned

What's funny about this thread is that the info would be posted on the OP's website and here. A double whammy. People are done contributing to websites getting flooded with writers. There are other ways to help people. Had this been 2011, people would have actually given up names. Times have changed.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 AM
WAHM Addict

[QUOTE=mini;3159305 Had this been 2011, people would have actually given up names. Times have changed.[/QUOTE]

That's very true on many counts. One of my clients contacted me asking me to start advertising for a writing team for a project that is designed to completely overhaul his website. I know the size of the website and have spent years with this company, so an overhaul is not going to be a quick and easy task.

My very first response to him was that I'm not going to advertise it this time and that he drastically needs to increase his rates for writers, not just me. I'm going to approach certain people that I've worked with before and if there are spots left, I'll PM some people I've paid attention to on these forums and know what their casual writing style - sans editor - is like. It's not how I would have approached hiring a couple of years ago, but I've learned the hard way.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:26 AM
Super WAHM

Default Times Have Changed

I had a client who I was working with on an agency basis ask me to sign a contract that included a clause that I would not approach any of his clients that I done work for looking for work. I have never poached from other people, nor do I intend to start now, so I was a little taken aback - but I suppose people need to have to cover themselves. He may have been burned in the past and needs to protect his business.

Anytime I've worked in an agency arrangement where I've had contact with the main client I've cc'd my agency contact as well. Then there is no question about what I communicated. Better to be above board and keep your hands completely clean.