Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbachj9 View Post
Wow funmom!! That would let me go parttime at my current job if I could do that well there!

I have a lot of "gigs" posted now, so it's just a waiting game now I suppose....
Fiverr can be good. I know a few people who make a full time income there. I am not too that status yet but if I spent more time there I probably could. I would also suggest responding to the requests too. I have landed a few sales by just doing that.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 12:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Default gig sold

I got a request for 3 articles from someone. It was a matter of time. I hope it continues!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

Writing gigs yourself from fivrr is better than writing the ones that are outsourced from fivrr to here. You are cutting out the additional middle man (and woman) that set up facebook accounts to outsource fiverr gigs while paying you less than $5. In addition, you don't have to wade through 100 messages on facebook each day concerning stuff you don't need to know. Of course an additional middle man with facebook messages keeps you too busy to find your own gigs.

That is probably their evil plan!

I just love playing Sherlock Holmes at Fiverr.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

BUMP!

I am too busy to try something new right now, but I am interested in giving fiverr a shot in the near future.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 AM
Awesome WAHM

Fiverr is very good its just a case of getting your money at the right rate.

You have to think of how much you want to earn per hour and you either want to make money from the upsells or if say you want to make $15 an hour you need to be doing 4 gigs an hour.

What I have seen is popular is short articles and bios and if you get on a roll on there you can be getting out lots of 100 word articles an hour. There is also a lot of repeat business available.

I used to sell ads space on there and if you have a blog a review of their product or adding an seo link to one of your old blog posts is also very easy money.

Its all about thinking outside the box. I would go through whats popular on there and see what you can do in that time frame.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Super WAHM

I joined and put up some gigs, but didn't really have time to do them. I may have a ding because I told one guy I would do his gig, then I got really sick and couldn't do it, so I had to refund him his money. I never went back, and took all my gigs down, so I don't know what my status is now. The people I saw getting a lot of work were those writing 400-500 word articles for $5. I can't afford to do that very much. I put up a 300 word article and actually got a few hits, but even though I outlined exactly what I could and couldn't write, I kept getting weird requests, like for fishing articles and stuff I couldn't write.

I may try it again. I should have left my gardening questions gig up. I'd probably be rich by now. LOL
Old 11-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Super WAHM

I just put up some gigs on Fiverr, and I've already gotten two orders. For my writing, I started out with a limited time offer of a 500 word article for $5. Once I get some good reviews, I'll change that to 250 words, then to 100. I also have a couple of non-writing gigs, like a G+ management limited time offer for $5 for one week managing your account or your community. I'm going to put one up for Twitter too, but I don't do Facebook. Got one for commenting or posting to forums too. Someone told me the best way to make money there is to put up 16 to 20 gigs, and do a separate gig for each topic. That sounds good to me, and evidently, it works, because the one I got two orders on is for a specific topic.

I realize I'll be working for peanuts at first, but I went to their forums, and that is what everyone who is successful said to do. Plus, always over-deliver. Give them more than what they ask for, faster than they expect, and you'll have them coming back for more.

I just want to get to where I'm able to post add-ons, because evidently that's where the real money is. It's a system, and you have to play the game, but I can see where it could be lucrative if you sacrifice a little up front.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbachj9 View Post
Anyone have any luck with fiverr? I posted a few gigs just to see if I get any hits. It is hard to think of what I can do in a very short amount of time.

What works for you? What do you suggest?

-Janine
Hi Janine...

I have a couple of gigs listed there, but blog commenting's been the most popular of the orders I've received.

Sometimes I straddle two or three orders. Sometimes, just one. Other times, I get nothing for days or even weeks.

What I'd suggest is think about what your strengths are, what you think you're good at and look for different ways to Fiverr it.

Good luck
Old 11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSAldridge View Post
I just put up some gigs on Fiverr, and I've already gotten two orders. For my writing, I started out with a limited time offer of a 500 word article for $5. Once I get some good reviews, I'll change that to 250 words, then to 100. I also have a couple of non-writing gigs, like a G+ management limited time offer for $5 for one week managing your account or your community. I'm going to put one up for Twitter too, but I don't do Facebook. Got one for commenting or posting to forums too. Someone told me the best way to make money there is to put up 16 to 20 gigs, and do a separate gig for each topic. That sounds good to me, and evidently, it works, because the one I got two orders on is for a specific topic.

I realize I'll be working for peanuts at first, but I went to their forums, and that is what everyone who is successful said to do. Plus, always over-deliver. Give them more than what they ask for, faster than they expect, and you'll have them coming back for more.

I just want to get to where I'm able to post add-ons, because evidently that's where the real money is. It's a system, and you have to play the game, but I can see where it could be lucrative if you sacrifice a little up front.

This is good advice. I didn't realize that later you can go back and change rates. I do know someone stated to have something saying you could refuse an assignment for any reason. This is to prevent someone for asking for unacceptable material.

I looked at some of the unusual gigs people had posted and just can't believe what people might do for $5!
Old 11-25-2013, 04:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success19 View Post
This is good advice. I didn't realize that later you can go back and change rates. I do know someone stated to have something saying you could refuse an assignment for any reason. This is to prevent someone for asking for unacceptable material.

I looked at some of the unusual gigs people had posted and just can't believe what people might do for $5!
I agree, some of the work seems like it would take a very long time! So far my writing gig on there is not doing too bad.

My sister is trying her custom baby invites and party invitations, but no luck so far.

I think a lot of fiverr is small businesses looking to boost their sites/products, so my sister may not have luck.