Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Sites for Absolute Beginners

My friend is looking to get into online writing (and working from home in general), but has no experience whatsoever. She doesn't really have any set niches either. I'm thinking sites like Bubblews and MTurk might be a good starting point. The pay isn't all that important as she's just looking to make some fun money and something for Christmas gifts. Does anyone have any sites where she might be able to build her confidence and earn some extra money?

Thanks so much in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2013, 03:42 AM
WAHM Addict

My son is in college and after my main client shut down, he also lost his one writing job that was paying for his meals (college is in a city and doesn't have a cafeteria/meal plan or fridge for students' use, so they have to eat at nearby restaurants). Given that, he's been applying to places that I tell him to try.

Textbroker took him on at level 4, but the one downfall to them is that they're very slow approving the first five. They've done two at this point and it's been two weeks.

Mturk is good if you weed through the garbage/low-paying and take the tests for some of the higher paying clients. I actually use Mturk a lot doing a mix of editing, writing, and transcription work.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 AM
WAHM Regular

I haven't used it in a while but Yahoo Voices (used to be Associated content) was a great place for beginners to get started. They have upfront payment with monthly performance payment.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Try Fivrr

Have you looked into Fivrr ?

It may be a good way to get some experience and quick cash.

I've utilized them personally as a consumer and was impressed with how they had everything set up!

Good luck!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:13 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Squidoo is a good one for potentially earning revenue share and gaining experience. Taking a course in how to properly select keywords and use the site would be one way to get started.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Aside from common platforms like TB, there are actually a handful of forums out there where clients post jobs that beginners like your friend can undertake Granted, they don't pay 5 cents per word but it is a starting point.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:09 PM
WAHM Regular

Default If they want to write for mturk...

Have them apply through write dot com because they will be testing for the top tier at the same time (or whatever it's called now). I applied that way and was approved within a week, then had tons of eleven dollar articles available.

They still have to qualify, but I think it is a little quicker that way.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesswoods View Post
Have them apply through write dot com because they will be testing for the top tier at the same time (or whatever it's called now). I applied that way and was approved within a week, then had tons of eleven dollar articles available.

They still have to qualify, but I think it is a little quicker that way.
Write.com is closed for hiring, it's waitlist only.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Thanks everybody! I'll see which ones she feels most comfortable with and get her started.