Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Awesome WAHM

I'm glad Dani escaped her fate and may God richly bless your cousin and his wife for their kindness.

This story reminds me of a similar one in Alabama where a rescued pet deer was taken away by the authorities, but managed to find her way back home again anyway.

The original story:

INCREDIBLE JOURNEY: Pet Deer Makes 50-Mile Journey Home | WKRG

The conclusion:

Alabama zoo taking confiscated pet deer | Alabama's 13
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennWith2Ns View Post
THIS is why people are hesitant to help anyone out, including animals. Half the time, you end up getting sued. I remember a story about someone who tried to give CPR or first aid to someone in need and ended up getting sued, I don't remember exactly what for.
There was a story a few years ago, in California, where a woman pulled someone from a smoking car, and the person she rescued became paralyzed and sued her. It is stories like that that run through my head. I know years ago, my older brother pulled someone from a burning car while he was delivering pizzas. He was touted a hero and won an award, but the paramedics and officers on the scene told him after they arrived that removing the victim of a crash is always a risky thing if it's done wrong and that he could have opened himself up to a lawsuit. Thankfully, he knew enough to support the guy's neck first and all was fine.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:28 AM
WAHM Addict

Default Way OT: My Cousin, Saved Fawn, and GMA

My cousin's wife said Good Morning America just left their house a few hours ago. They will be on today's show. I'm not sure what time.

https://www.facebook.com/connersvillecharges

And the front page of the Indianapolis Star. http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...g-injured-deer
Old 01-30-2013, 04:37 PM
WAHM Addict

Yikes!

Our new governor has decided that DNR has acted appropriately in this. He isn't going to intervene and DNR says they aren't going to drop it. It's such a shame that we've become THAT society where you have to get permission from the government to save a dear.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM
WAHM Regular

It's amazing how animals are so much more grateful than some people are. What is the world is this world coming to? People can keep snakes and vicious dogs for pets, but harboring a deer to nurse it back to health is grounds to euthanize the deer and incarcerate the samaritans...SMH!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM
WAHM Regular

we totally live in a police state these days. that is what happens when silly government organizations are created in the name of "good" but then run out of control. i keep telling people this, but they don't listen until it's too late.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra View Post
My cousin's wife said Good Morning America just left their house a few hours ago. They will be on today's show. I'm not sure what time.

https://www.facebook.com/connersvillecharges

And the front page of the Indianapolis Star. http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...g-injured-deer
I hope somebody starts a protest in front of the police station, the courthouse, and the DNR!!

I wouldn't be surprised if the controversy over this nonsense puts them in a position to sue. I'm pretty sure that after their appearance on national television and front page in the newspaper, everybody involved are going to start blaming everybody else for the mistakes that they will be too ashamed to own up to.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 AM
WAHM Addict

I understand the need to keep people from thinking they can have a wild animal for a pet. There are people that do it. In fact, there was a woman down the road from me when I was growing up who would put cat food out for the area skunks and she had them tamed so that they wouldn't spray her. Given that, a warning would have been sufficient.

For an injured animal, again there are some idiots out there who need warnings, but again it's warnings. There was a guy in Vermont, probably a year ago, hit a bobcat on the interstate. It wasn't moving, so he figured he'd killed it. Put it in the backseat of his sedan and started to drive to his home to call animal control. Half way home, it revived and now he had a ticked off bobcat as he's driving down the street. He pulled over, locked his doors, and called animal control who now had to get into the car to tranquilize it and get it to a vet. They warned him, no ticket, threats of jail.

With a wounded baby animal, I find the "let nature take its course" mentality to be absurd. If someone had a baby that was suddenly suffering and they decided to "let nature take its course" and didn't bring the baby to the doctor, they'd be charged with child abuse/manslaughter at the very least. I don't get how animals are so different in terms of human nature.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
WAHM Addict

UPDATE: http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...7CIndyStar.com The DNR is asking the prosecutor to drop the charges!!! :cheer:
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Banned

I get emails from Change.org and today it was about your cousin! I'm glad things are getting done.