Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM
WAHM Regular

Question Is Residual Income possible without social networking?

I'm thinking about writing for sites like Squidoo, Infobarrel, etc. for residual income. However, I am not into social media at all. Is it possible to make a good income without facebook, Twitter, etc?

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate hearing from you!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 02:42 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes.

For high authority revenue share sites like Squidoo, "lenses" you post can rank quickly and easily in the search engines IF you pick the right keywords. This can bring in affiliate sales and AdSense revenue.

Ditto for other sites including your own website. If you select the right keywords you can rank thus driving free traffic and sales.

For some keywords you will have to backlink but that does not mean you would have to use social sites like Facebook.

The key is to drive targeted traffic that converts.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much, Lil Black Dress. Glad to hear there is hope for me!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Awesome WAHM

I was wondering this as well. You mentioned affiliate sales. I have several products I am signed on as an affiliate marketer with. I've been debating combining my content skills with the affiliate marketing for awhile now, but wasn't sure if I could use Squidoo for that. So, they do allow you to set links to your affiliate sites then?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:17 PM
WAHM Fanatic

You can place links to your affiliate sites on Squidoo. You can also use some direct affiliate links on Squidoo as well. I do very well with my own amazon affiliate account through Squidoo.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Awesome WAHM

I was worried about trying it there because I know some sites have very strict TOS regarding what you can do if you are using content with affiliate marketing. Is there any particular way I need to write it or anything I need to avoid? I usually do a review type article or I do an article about the topic and attach a link to the affiliate site depending on the product.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I do not believe there are any strict rules on how you link. There is a maximum number of times that you can link to one domain in a lens. However, there are exceptions to this rule. One of the exceptions is amazon.

I know there is a Squidoo dont list that does have some affiliate links and topics that are not allowed. I can not find the link to it right, but I will keep looking for it.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 AM
Awesome WAHM

If you are going down the road of building traffic through to affiliate posts I find that there are two methods that work best:

- viral marketing
-seo

So if you want to go down the viral marketing route and not do social media you will have to find alternative ways such as forum marketing, writing short ebooks and spreading the word, classifieds and so on.

Though from personal success I find that the best way right now is to publish short ebooks to the kindle instead of doing Squidoo lenses. And I have found that for me those with known brands in them do the best i.e. how to create a squidoo lens, how to build a mailing list with aweber, how to become a successful outsourcer on odesk and so on.

And then you link to squidoo lenses in the ebook with affiliate links on the lens and build up your revenue,
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Awesome WAHM

The bottom line is that in order to succeed you have to market. But there are many different ways to successfully market online. Some people swear by social media. Others are more successful with email marketing or PPC. I think SEO is getting more and more difficult so unless you are prepared to invest a good deal of time into finding and learning the newest, most up-to-date techniques you probably shouldn't even try. Following bad SEO advice can spell disaster.

I read mixed reviews about Squidoo these days. For the most part it sounds like it's still worth the effort, but it seems to be more difficult to get and maintain approval for your lenses.