Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHill226 View Post
The editor at Nextag gave me a list of companies that were similar. Most hired Indians, or didn't work with freelancers. I was asked if I'd like to work on site full time with one of them, but I'm not moving to do the same type of work I'm already doing.

I was contacted by a guy at ebay, though. They have a shopping portal. We never got past the initial contact, though. I should email him again...

There are lots of them. Try searching for "comparison shopping engines" or "shopping portals" etc...

Plenty of retailers also hire product description writers. Just keep in mind that not all of them allow you to get creative. 99% of my work is product descriptions and catalogs... and some of them (MOST of them even) are every bit as boring as content mill type work.
Erin,

Do you simply email online retailers to inquire about writing product descriptions for them?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily3247 View Post
Erin,

Do you simply email online retailers to inquire about writing product descriptions for them?
To answer the first question you had on the other response... you can't write for them anymore. They no longer work with freelancers (or maybe not writers in general), and I'm pretty sure all the editors were let go also. The entire content writing area was dismantled last year.

And I find product description work in various ways. A lot of retailers find ME now (either through here, or LinkedIn). I write for several marketing agencies that cater to retailers specifically. Those I found mostly through job ads I responded to. I do go on bidding sites and have landed work that way (although I had sworn off bidding sites...I landed one gig and then gave it a go). Just make sure you bid a fair rate on the bidding sites. I often bid over their budget but write a detailed cover letter highlighting my experience and skills, and sometimes they will hire me anyway and pay the difference. And yes, sometimes I contact retailers directly, and I've gotten a good bit of work that way as well.