Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHill226 View Post
I like the video interview concept in theory. It's just unnerving when ANYBODY could contact you through the Internet. I mean, it's not like they could get you to DO anything gross if you didn't want to... but it's hard to tell who is insane and who isn't. lol.
So true!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

Oh I didn't know you could just text chat! I have only been asked once and he was fine when I said I didn't have it. But I thought it was only video - I would definitely consider it for text only.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
WAHM Regular

All but 2 of my PCs like to chat via Skype. I have had a couple of phone interviews over Skype but I do prefer phone interviews because Skype is not always reliable. I also like it because I can stay connected on the Skype app on my smart phone. PCs like to see that you are more available than not.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:51 AM
WAHM Addict

Anytime a client wants to hold a meeting, they avoid Skype like the plague and instead use GoToMeeting because it's better quality and does so much more. That way we can meet and they can also share files I need to see on their computer when they're showing me how to use new software or templates they want to utilize on a project.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
Anytime a client wants to hold a meeting, they avoid Skype like the plague and instead use GoToMeeting because it's better quality and does so much more. That way we can meet and they can also share files I need to see on their computer when they're showing me how to use new software or templates they want to utilize on a project.
That's interesting, I have never heard of of this one. Is it free?...LOL
Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Awesome WAHM

I've never Skyped and am not real thrilled about video chats and the like. That's why I work from home -- so I don't have to worry about being presentable.

However, if a client I thought had potential wanted to Skype, I would give it a go. I've used GoToMeeting before and had a good experience with that site. We had a phone conversation while both logged into the site which was more within my comfort zone.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:40 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperg View Post
That's interesting, I have never heard of of this one. Is it free?...LOL
I think it's a free trial, but my clients have a membership and they can invite anyone they choose, so it's free for me that way. Only one client has ever bothered with the HD video chat, I hate video chats, but we use the phone conferencing frequently because while you're talking, you can all be looking at the same computer screen and make real-time changes while others watch, which ends up being incredibly useful when you're setting up a website template.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
I've used this one too. It seems that every new client has their own preferences, so I try to stay flexible and agree to whatever they prefer. Aside from the one weird video chat guy, that is.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHill226 View Post
And they knew I was female...but not what I'd look like on a chat. lol. But just having some GUY so eager for me to use the web cam, whether it was with THAT in mind or not, gave me the creeps.
This is kind of what worries me. I would want to be sure that someone was trying to chat me up on a webcam because they want to hire me because they like my writing - not because of how I look.

On the flipside, I can kind of get wanting to see someone who you are paying for service. I dunno... fortunately, I haven't had anyone ask to video chat with me yet related to writing.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecrivette View Post
This is kind of what worries me. I would want to be sure that someone was trying to chat me up on a webcam because they want to hire me because they like my writing - not because of how I look.

On the flipside, I can kind of get wanting to see someone who you are paying for service. I dunno... fortunately, I haven't had anyone ask to video chat with me yet related to writing.
I guess I just go with my gut on issues like this. In the case of that particular guy, he just was a bit TOO focused on the video chat thing, but wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked what he wanted to chat about (The same writing work we'd discussed before? Some other business issue?).