Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Super WAHM

iWriter is always really fast at getting back to me about things. I had a lady reject my article saying it didn't have keywords that she wanted in it, but she never stated them in the instructions, and it brought down my rating. They fixed it within an hour or so.

I am an elite writer so the pay for articles I write over there is decent, but I NEVER write for people who have a below 90% approval rating.

Contact them right away, sorry this happened to you!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

I just contacted them and explained everything. I gave them the link where I found my article and I also attached my copy of my article. I found out he is using Blue Host for his hosting. I tried contacting them but they need a password and I don't have one since I am not a member. I might call them though and tell them over the phone. I want his website shut down and I want my article taken down so I can publish it myself. It was a good article with great formatting.

I like writing for iWriter but I don't think I will for a while until this is straightened out.

I have to get back to work but I wanted to update everyone on this. I will let you all know what iWriter says. Thanks everyone for the help.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson26 View Post
I just contacted them and explained everything. I gave them the link where I found my article and I also attached my copy of my article. I found out he is using Blue Host for his hosting. I tried contacting them but they need a password and I don't have one since I am not a member. I might call them though and tell them over the phone. I want his website shut down and I want my article taken down so I can publish it myself. It was a good article with great formatting.

I like writing for iWriter but I don't think I will for a while until this is straightened out.

I have to get back to work but I wanted to update everyone on this. I will let you all know what iWriter says. Thanks everyone for the help.
Just copied and pasted this from blue host terms page:

Email DMCA reports to [email protected]

BLUEHOST.COM TERMS OF SERVICE - Web hosting provider - Bluehost.com

kind regards

sam
X
Old 06-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Writely Applied

@cwilson26

I've put a space in the link so he is not getting a backlink from WAHM. Don't want to promote his website.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:43 PM
Awesome WAHM

Oh thank you Starbirdy66! I didn't think to do that. Sorry.

Well, I contacted iWriter and they said they are going to ban him and they are going to pay me for the article. I am still a standard writer there so the payment is only $2.43 but it is not about the money. It is about the work I put into it. I write there because I am trying to get promoted to a higher level and get paid more. I love writing and I always write quality articles. I always put a lot of effort into my work.

I also found a way to contact Blue Host where his website is hosted at and they had me fill out a paper stating what happened and I had to sign it and send it back. They said once they investigate a little bit they will most likely take the site down and ban him.

I am so glad someone is doing something about this. Thanks everyone for your help and support! I really appreciate it very much!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

iWriter sent me a message this morning and said they banned him and put the money in my account! Now waiting to hear from Blue Host to see what they are going to do. Thanks everyone!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Awesome WAHM

Blue Host emailed me this morning and said they are taking my article down. They said it will be off of his site within 48 hours. Thanks again everyone!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson26 View Post
I occasionally write for iWriter when my clients have no work. I wrote an article a couple of weeks ago and it was rejected. After it was rejected, I went to the client's profile and read a comment that he is rejecting articles, taking a screenshot of them and stealing them. I just checked my article on Copyscape and found it to be true. Every exact word of my article is on a health site for natural treatments. My whole article is on there and I bet a lot of the other articles are stolen as well.

Here is the link to my article that is on this persons site or whoever owns it.

naturaltreatment4all .com/dry-eyes

This is word for word my article. The format is the same as how I wrote it too.

So, I contacted the owner of the site and told them it was stolen work. I told them if they didn't take it down they would be reported. However, I don't exactly know who to report it to. Google?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
It is wonderful that your situation was resolved with iwriter. One question, how do you find out if your article has been stolen? Do you go through copyscape or something, and is it free? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperg View Post
It is wonderful that your situation was resolved with iwriter. One question, how do you find out if your article has been stolen? Do you go through copyscape or something, and is it free? Thanks in advance.
Yes, I checked mine on Copyscape. Copyscape is only free if you check a link but if you want to check a whole document you have to pay $5 for 100 credits, $10 for 200 credits and so on. If you pay by Paypal you have to buy at least 200 credits.