Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Super WAHM

Default Are Any of You Familiar With This Website?

Do any of you know about this freelance writing site: Write.com? It seems legit. I randomly ran across it, however, I never heard of it before. Any of you have any experience with it?...Thanks

Last edited by prosperg; 04-29-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 02:53 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've heard of the site but never used it. Here's a link that explains pay since I know most people probably want to know about that:

FAQs | Write.com

What confuses me is all the work appears to be done through Amazon mTurk.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Awesome WAHM

I've heard of the website, and once I read over the FAQs, I realized I worked for them before. They're CrowdSource on Mechanical Turk. They do pay, and if I'm not mistaken, they used to go by a different name.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:31 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I haven't heard of them. Have you heard or ecopywriters or textbrokers? I like them a lot. I'm not a big writer myself so I've gone through them myself(as a client). Good luck!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:25 PM
WAHM Regular

Yeah, they're legit. Started a few weeks ago and had a lot of work, details as defined in the FAQ. Low right now, due to a system upgrade. I did quick 125-word attraction descriptions for $2.25 (off the top of my head), not great money but you can rattle them off extremely quickly.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 AM
WAHM Addict

They are Crowdsource with MTurk. I've written for them for over a year, and I'm also an editor with them. Editing times can take a few days when you write.

One thing I've found is that when there is work that I like the sounds of and pays well, it's usually gone before I've read the full description. Most of the time, the work they have available involves choosing the best website for a search term (pays 2 cents each and you do them in batches of 8), creating bullet lists (40 cents for a list of 10), or like right now, they have lots of "Find Google's ranking for the following site..." that pay 5 cents each for the link, ranking, and topic sentence. I've never found that type of assignment is worthwhile given the low pay.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
They are Crowdsource with MTurk. I've written for them for over a year, and I'm also an editor with them. Editing times can take a few days when you write.

One thing I've found is that when there is work that I like the sounds of and pays well, it's usually gone before I've read the full description. Most of the time, the work they have available involves choosing the best website for a search term (pays 2 cents each and you do them in batches of 8), creating bullet lists (40 cents for a list of 10), or like right now, they have lots of "Find Google's ranking for the following site..." that pay 5 cents each for the link, ranking, and topic sentence. I've never found that type of assignment is worthwhile given the low pay.
I read through their website and that is what I was afraid of. The price for product descriptions wasn't that bad, but what good is that if there are none to do? I wonder how people claim they are working for them full time? If those are the jobs being offered most of the time, then the write.com site is slightly misleading, since they only list the better paying gigs from what I remember.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks guys, I was not sure about signing up with them, for some reason they seem too complicated or something. I don't think their writing requirements and pay is what I am looking for. I think I might pass...
Old 05-01-2012, 03:41 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHill226 View Post
I read through their website and that is what I was afraid of. The price for product descriptions wasn't that bad, but what good is that if there are none to do? I wonder how people claim they are working for them full time? If those are the jobs being offered most of the time, then the write.com site is slightly misleading, since they only list the better paying gigs from what I remember.
I went in this morning since they sent out a lot of "job posted" notifications last night. This is what's currently available:

Give us your opinion - 16 cents
The aforementioned Google rankings and bullet lists
Choose 1 to 3 themes for user comments - 9 cents
Translate from German to English or French to English - 12 cents
Edit a 225 Word Description - $2.25

For editing, they pay less than my PC, so I don't tend to do much editing with them.

But, if you're looking for writing work, there really isn't anything right now.