Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Literary Magazine Accepting Submissions

Hi guys! I do work for a small, indie publisher and one of my jobs is senior digest editor (which actually takes up less time than you would imagine, lol). I am accepting submissions for the next couple of editions and I would love to see what the wonderful writers here at WAHM.com have to offer!

Since I've taken over I have tried to accept more short stories, as I think the art of the short story or novella has be lost in recent years and I would love to be a part of bringing that back.

This isn't a paying gig, but if your work is selected you will receive a free copy of the magazine when it comes out, and discounts for all your friends and family. The point of the digest isn't to make money, but to showcase high quality work from undiscovered writers. We also accept artistic submissions, so if you know any artists who may be interested let them know!

Thanks and I look forward to your work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Among the many goals we have at Punkin House Press for our literary magazine is the desire to create a place for the best sustainable and affordable literature. As the editor, I hope to help revive the lost art of the poem and short story. What was once a profitable, and more importantly, fulfilling profession has been banished as a hobby and not given the respect that it deserves, and I intend to help change that. Punkin House Press sees this brave new world of publishing as an opportunity to give writers their voice back.

In additon to poetry and short stories, we also accept artistic submissions.

Connections Edition: NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS-Release Date: August 7, 2012

Wit and Satire Edition: NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS-Release Date: November 7, 2012

Journey Edition: Release Date: February 2013

Two Sides: Exhilaration and Mournful Sound Edition:Release Date: May 2013

Guidelines
All pieces you wish to submit must be delivered in a separate attached file that is compatible with either Microsoft Word or Open Office. In the body of the email, please include your first and last name, email address and how you can be reached, for our records. Submit your work to [email protected]er the subject heading "Punkin House Digest". After your submission you will receive an email letting you know we received your work and a time frame in which you can expect a formal response as to whether you will be included in our literary magazine or not.
Sponsored Links

Tags
literature, poetry, short stories, writing