Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
WAHM Addict

I was accepted there a couple of weeks ago, but I've never seen an assignment there. The pay isn't spectacular, but it's perfectly fine, so I'd like to see some assignments.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 AM
WAHM Addict

I wasn't willing to do the writing sample at the time. I had too much else to do. Since then, they've been emailing me telling me to complete the sample, but I'm really not sure it's worthwhile.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 PM
WAHM Addict

As a follow-up, I submitted an article I'd created months ago for a site that has since shut down and they never paid for or used. Given that, I was accepted, took over a week for them to review it, but there's no work available.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:48 AM
WAHM Regular

There's quite a bit of work up there now for those of you who know about fishing. I wouldn't have a clue how to write about these topics, sadly! Some of the keywords leave me completely baffled ...

Oh, well!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

No, I have not tried them yet but will be sure to give them a go. I am from australia but live in finland, so I dont know whether I'll be accepted based on their terms. Thanks
Old 11-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Unprofessional organization

Very unprofessional organization. I wrote a few text for them, always had positive feedback etc.
The last text I wrote was 0.89 USD (spent 20 minutes on it)
it was rejected by the client, who then told me I have to write a completely new text because the colours I used to describe the item were wrong.
I replied to the client that I used the link in the briefing (linking to a green item) and the briefing instruction (please describe the item as detailed as possible)

And told them since the briefing is wrong I will not write a new text, unless there is an additional payment.

I did not hear back from them.

Then a few hours later I received this email from GreatContent:

Dear,

Unfortunately your texts have not met the standards of US English required by our clients and as such your greatcontent account has been terminated. A request has been made to pay you all money owed from your account.

Apologies for any inconvenience and our best wishes for all your future endeavours.

Regards,

Matthew

Kind regards,
Your support team at greatcontent

--
Like us on facebook: facebook.com/greatcontent

UK: (+44) 020 33189116
AUS: (+61) 028 1034092
DE: (+49) 30 609 85458-5

greatcontent AG
Kastanienallee 3
D-10435 Berlin

-------------------

AKA: if you do not whatever the client asks even if it is completely unjustified GREATCONTENT will just close your account without even looking into the situation. I think this is completely ridiculous and wish I NEVER worked for them for the **** pay.

In general clients come back often with remarks on you text and you have to spend extra time adapting the text as the briefing was not clear enough.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Some content mills are just awful to writers. It's the nature of the business that they will default to the side of their client, not the writer. But some handle it better than others. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:28 PM
WAHM Addict

Ick. I guess I'l cross them off my list.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:01 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I've never had a problem with them at all. Not a single order rejected, and I've written hundreds. Your mileage may vary as always.