Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:02 PM
WAHM Regular

Default PRWeb help

I'm writing a press release for a client who wants to submit it to PRWeb. I haven't used this site before. In the writer's guidelines it says all press releases require this:

"A Clear News Source: PRWeb requires a clear source for each press release to be indentified in at least two of the following places the headline, summary and beginning of the body of the release. Press releases written in a standard press release format need to explicitly announce or credit the source of your information at the beginning of the release."

Maybe I'm being dense right now, but what exactly do they mean? I'm writing the press release about a product launch. My only source is the owner of the company. He's credited when I quote him and when I use information he gave me, but some of the other information is just from the website. Do I just need to name the company and owner in at least two spots?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

I don't know the answer, but will you please come back and share it with us when you figure it out? Thanks!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 AM
wguest

It's pretty clear and straightforward. When you write the release, start it with "Mr. Jon Doe at XYZ Industries is pleased to announced the launch of new and improved Widget A" and in the headline write something like "XYZ Industries Launches Groundbreaking New Widget A!".

BTW, are you responsible for submitting the press release to PRWeb? If so make sure you know who is expected to pay. Depending on the package it will cost between $100-$300 to do so, and the client should be paying for it or be willing to cover the charge as part of your fee.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Thank you BerryWriter. I already turned in my press release, but I wrote it similar to how you suggested.

Tags
press release, prweb