Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:32 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Starting my own services??? Help :)

Hello everyone! Its been awhile since I have been on these boards and I am in need of some help please I currently work from home with one private client and do pretty well. The client I work for is online but I would like to focus on working in my hometown as well. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could possibly do? I currently work in News writing but have experience pretty much writing anything. I am also in college and have learned how to use Excell, Access, etc and can create flyers, advertisements, etc. I live in a small town, about 40,000 people in the area, and have thought about working for our local paper but it is very hard to get a job there. I am trying to come up with some type of business model which I could offer services that people in my area would use. I am a little stuck as to what to offer since I have so many ideas and do not know which way to go with my ideas lol. I have thought about PR or something along those lines, but I am just very unsure as to which way to go. Has anyone done anything similiar to this and could maybe give me some pointers? Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would try advertising in your paper. Is there a local library? Put up flyers and see if you can reserve a space or something so that potential people/clients can come ask questions and get to know more about you and your services. Since you are wanting to market to your area, I think those would be proactive steps to take. Also, establishing a website would be highly beneficial!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Awesome WAHM

In addition to the excellent advice offered by KTJones, how about joining your local Chamber of Commerce and attending regular meetings to network with other business professionals in your area? Ditto for joining service groups (i.e. Soroptomist (sp), Rotary Club, etc.)? Volunteering or offering a reduced rate on a few of your services to local non-profit organizations may also help you make a few connections and establish yourself as a reliable local writer.

Hope this helps and my best to you!