Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopsydaisy View Post

The subject line reads: "Where I buy all of my articles and content. Dirt cheap"

1. It's SO cheap. Only 67 cents per 100 words. There is no
place on the planet that's cheaper than this.

2. You pay exactly NOTHING if you don't like an article
that's been written for you. You can approve or reject
articles as they are written. You only pay when you approve
an article.

Here's to cranking out lots of content for pennies!
The idea that this was mistakenly sent to their writers is kind of funny if not for the fact that the whole thing is beyond degrading (especially the above part).
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Okay, so it wasn't only me. Utterly demoralizing, even if deep down I imagine that's how many clients see things, but to see it in print...nearly delighting in the such low rates.

I had even signed up for the content site in question a few months ago but couldn't bring myself to even try to write anything for them. I read about the high rejection rates, too. And mtn_writer, I agree that it seems like he hit the wrong distribution list. Oh, and yes, this is probably what prompted me to start this thread: "If you don't like the content, you don't pay a penny."

I love that you sent a nasty-gram, VintageMama!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

They should be ashamed; what a tacky company.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn_writer View Post
I got it to. When I used the unsubscribe feature, it appeared that I was unsubscribing from emails for that site's writer list. I wonder is that email was mistakenly sent to their writer's list?

The worst part was, "If you don't like the content, you don't pay a penny". I signed up a while back to check out the site, wrote one short piece and never wrote again, because the content was rejected without any explanation. I write for 6 other sites at a high rating level and have never had content rejected...
I think that's exactly what happened. I too signed up for iWriter to discover their rates are below insulting. Hopefully Brad Callen & co. will reap the full benefits of their error.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Awesome WAHM

I signed up for iWriter, but it wasn't worth it to me. I received the same email and was confused lol
Old 12-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Awesome WAHM

I also found this email in my spam box tonite.

I think they did send it to the writers list which just proves how shady and unorganized they are.

Someone advertised the site here not long ago. So I made a log in just to see the pay and when I saw the pay I ran for the hills. This is the only way they should have my email.

I can't believe how foolish this company is.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02 AM
WAHM Regular

The person who sent out this email is a well-known internet marketer, and I've been receiving emails of his for ages now because I wanted to try a free version of software or something else that he 'designed'. If you're getting emails from him, it may be for the same reason. I wasn't surprised to see the email from him but the subject caught my attention, and yeah...it doesn't feel too good reading that as a writer. There's no way he could know that I write content to make money, so....that email was aimed more at internet marketers than content writers I think. It was still a tacky email though....maybe he's running out of ideas for content to use on his mailing lists LOL.

*** I just checked my email and, low and behold, that mail went out just a few hours after I signed up for an account with iWriter. :-/ Okay, looks like he mailed his writers that by mistake....in which case it's poetic justice. I saw the rates on there and just couldn't even bring myself to write anything. 500 words for under 2.50 is just insulting....and then the high rejection rates on top of that makes it seem like even more of a waste of time.

Last edited by Emeraldgreen21; 12-09-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Super WAHM

This is the ugly side of the low-paying jobs many love to defend for the sake of newbies and struggling moms.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Awesome WAHM

Brad Callen actually owns iWriter, and I agree it was probably a huge mistake. I would hope he didn't mean to tell his own writers he was paying them "dirt cheap" prices.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Super WAHM

I've received the same email too....