Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Awesome WAHM

Default Got the Heave Ho from Populis Create

Just got word from Populis Create that they've been reviewing submissions, mine are slightly under their quality standards, and my account has been deactivated. Supposedly I will get more details from an editor later on but given their track record for communicating, I'm not holding my breath.

Stings a little bit, but considering some of the stuff going on with them the past few weeks it's not something I'll spend much time dwelling on. Fortunately, I wasn't depending on them for much, so they will be easily replaced.

My main thing now is whether or not I'll get the bonus for September or if there will be some shuck and jive about not being able to pull up the detail to honor it. We'll see.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
WAHM Regular

I got the same news today too. Haven't written from them in a few weeks, considering all their issues. I find it hard to believe my writing was below their standard considering I've rarely gotten a rewrite from them... Sounds like a way to get out of paying writers, if you ask me.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Awesome WAHM

To be fair, they have paid me for the few submissions I did during September. All that's left is the pay for an extra article for three of the four weeks that I was submitting during the month. I had already double checked and made sure I had five articles both submitted and accepted in the same week each time, so that should not be an issue. Still, you just never know.

Since I never got any feedback one way or the other, I'm at a loss as to what these standards happen to be. I assume someone somewhere knows

Last edited by mtgywriter; 10-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

They were way too slow in reviewing articles so I just quit writing for them. I tried to log in the other day and my account has been deactivated. I never got an email from them but I don't even care as I did not like writing there at all. I know some people here said their articles got reviewed really fast but mine were taking like 2 weeks.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Super WAHM

I got an email stating that my account was deactivated due to inactivity.

Oh well!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:38 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Got the same thing as NatashaGabrielle. Which is fine; don't need them anyway and haven't been writing there because of the review times/lack of work in my areas. I do feel bad for anyone that was counting on them and they said something about standards, because I never saw anything about them. Probably just missed them. I hope they only are letting go those who don't have to depend on them much.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
WAHM Addict

I got the same email and they immediately yanked my account before I could get screen shots of the work I'd finished last week. I had four articles that were approved by editing and another four that had been with editing since last Friday.

Now I have to wait and see if they actually pay the bonus for September and if I'll get paid for the work I had done. I don't care that they are firing people, but the way they did it without any statement about getting the money that is due was unprofessional.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:49 PM
WAHM Regular

Same thing happened to me today. I'm in complete shock.They owe me for almost 40 articles for last week, so I really hope they're going to at least pay what I'm owed....:-( I was relying on this company for a decent income and now this. Since things slowed down I have tried to find other alternatives, but it's a struggle since I'm not US or UK based. If anyone has any ideas Id really appreciate some feedback on places to apply to.

Last edited by Emeraldgreen21; 10-03-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:51 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseiRae View Post
I find it hard to believe my writing was below their standard considering I've rarely gotten a rewrite from them... Sounds like a way to get out of paying writers, if you ask me.
That's what I'm afraid of. I only had 1 sent back for editing and it was an issue with the photo, not the article itself. Going through and immediately deactivating accounts is simply a great way to prevent writers from accessing the contract information and the work they'd completed and were due bonuses and/or payment.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

This is really strange. I received the same email (and 12 other writers I know). The strangest part is they only sent me two articles back in the past three months, which were related to photo issues.

I will need to look for a replacement quickly. Any suggestions???