Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Need a web designer

Hello everyone. Im a SAHM that just launched my website but I have ZERO experience. I didnt know what SEO/RSS/CMS was until Monday. My problem is I need some advice. I love to write, my website is (kinda sorta) up and running. I have the content but I havent started to advertise because I dont really know what to do next. Im wasting so much time trying to click/drag design and what I need is someone to do this for me. Without any upfront money. LOL am I nuts? Am I even in the right forum? I have no promlem sharing ad revenue or affiliate revenue I just want the headache to go away. How or where do I swap, well, my writing for their design work? I am so frustrated and I know that I need a partner or something I just dont know where to look for one. ANY advice would be appreciated, thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Awesome WAHM

I sent you a PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I pm'd you as well. I hope you find some help and Good Luck with the new site.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritewriter73 View Post
Hello everyone. Im a SAHM that just launched my website but I have ZERO experience. I didnt know what SEO/RSS/CMS was until Monday. My problem is I need some advice. I love to write, my website is (kinda sorta) up and running. I have the content but I havent started to advertise because I dont really know what to do next. Im wasting so much time trying to click/drag design and what I need is someone to do this for me. Without any upfront money. LOL am I nuts? Am I even in the right forum? I have no promlem sharing ad revenue or affiliate revenue I just want the headache to go away. How or where do I swap, well, my writing for their design work? I am so frustrated and I know that I need a partner or something I just dont know where to look for one. ANY advice would be appreciated, thanks ladies!
ritewriter, I know you said you have your website up (I assume it's a html site) but have you considered using a Wordpress Blog instead?

They have many advantages:

1) They look good without you having to do any work - just buy a theme (maybe $37) and install it. Take a look at mine. Nice, yes?
www.StartBusinessMentor.com

2) Google loves them. They rank well, and quickly

3) There are a huge range of utilities (called plugins) you can install to help automate the content development for them.

4) RSS is built in - subscribe to mine if you wish to see how it works.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered WAHM

It is a wp site got the graphene theme builtin twitter,fb adsense etc.i just dont like spening hours trying to design it. I have pages,adsense and affiliate accounts i just am hoping i can just tell someone what i want,where i want it etc so i can work on content
Old 08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJames View Post
ritewriter, I know you said you have your website up (I assume it's a html site) but have you considered using a Wordpress Blog instead?

They have many advantages:

1) They look good without you having to do any work - just buy a theme (maybe $37) and install it. Take a look at mine. Nice, yes?
www.StartBusinessMentor.com

2) Google loves them. They rank well, and quickly

3) There are a huge range of utilities (called plugins) you can install to help automate the content development for them.

4) RSS is built in - subscribe to mine if you wish to see how it works.
Your website does look nice! Thanks for the info. I am also in the progress of building my website.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
What about an intern? Maybe they can help you set up your website?
Old 08-13-2011, 03:35 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
It is a wp site got the graphene theme builtin twitter,fb adsense etc.i just dont like spening hours trying to design it. I have pages,adsense and affiliate accounts i just am hoping i can just tell someone what i want,where i want it etc so i can work on content
Try https://www.odesk.com/ They have all sorts of expertise there that you can hire on a per hour or job basis. Or, more expensive, pay me my consulting rate of $55USD an hour and I'll do it.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Super WAHM

When I was just getting started, I had some luck bartering writing for design services on the Warrior Forum
Old 08-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:

I just told you (above)! All I do is content - and it's my only (and more than sufficient<grin>) income.

Just crank up a hosted WP blog, pick a good theme and all the design work is done for you, leaving you free to concentrate on content. Take a look at http://www.allanjamesonline.com/star...or/blog/page/2

I didn't design this, all I did was add my content

Last edited by AllanJames; 08-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Tags
freelance writer, partnership, web designer wanted