Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermommy View Post
I think it is grammar score. Those saying that they flat out got fired had 3.5 and below. Those of us in WEP seem to have 3.6/3.7. I haven't seen anyone with higher than a 3.7 total score say they have been placed in. For those with a 3.7 and lower who dodged WEP or being flat-out fired, maybe there was another factor mixed in.
I saw a message on another forum from someone with a 4.0 saying they were put in WEP, but they also hadn't written for DS for a few months, so I don't know if inactivity is playing a role. I have a 3.7 and have not been put in WEP, but I also started in late March/early April, so I have technically been through the WEP this year already when I started and that might make a difference.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Super WAHM

So I just got my first article back from the three. The edit requests are ridiculous. There's no way I can fulfill it. Impossible. I guess I'm parting ways with DMS. So scary because I depended on it.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
WAHM Regular

My problem with DM is that they should have taken this into consideration before they hired new writers. If writers didn't average out to 4.0 or whatever number that they are looking for, then they shouldn't have been hired to begin with. That's why I like WG. At least they give good feedback and several test batches before you are considered "hired".
Old 08-09-2011, 04:58 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGal View Post
@ThisIsMiss:
Were you just fired without given a chance to writer three articles for evaluation? I'm really curious about this. Do you mind sharing more details?
I know this question wasn't directed towards me, but I just want to say that I only got to write one of the three articles before they fired me. And the ironic thing is, the article I did write got approved. So what gives?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Awesome WAHM

No one can make any sense out of the latest DS fiasco. Very sorry this happened.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

Default I received an email...

I received an email stating that I was placed in the program. I was ecstatic and speedily finished my articles only to find that they sent me another email denouncing it was a technical error.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
WAHM Regular

Just FYI everyone...I'm not in the program but have read some of the posts on the DS forum. Several people have reported making it through the program and being restored to 10 articles at a time. Take it for what it's worth; it doesn't indicate how many people are making it through, but it does mean some are. Good luck everyone.

Quote:
I received an email stating that I was placed in the program. I was ecstatic...
Huh? Or are you being sarcastic? I'm confused.