Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Super WAHM

But they are biting themselves in the butt....The title pool has been dwindling steadily for a while...they then complain they have nothing to edit...It'll be worse now with less writers...but that's the mess DS created...especially after the Panda mess...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

CEs are freelancers just like us, not DMS employees.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangrey View Post
CEs are freelancers just like us, not DMS employees.
True but DS has the system skewed more in their favor...Our scores are subjective according to CES...We are identified by name and other info..but CES aren't even assigned a generic number so we know who edited the articles we write...Majority of the time DS sides with the CES and often writers who are experts in their field are edited and graded by ces who may be sorely lacking in their subject area....
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Super WAHM

This really sucks. I don't know how else to put it. I'm so sorry to you guys who find yourselves in this situation. So stressful, and so unnecessary. My heart goes out to those who rely on DS for a big portion of their income.

I've never done more than a couple hundred per month worth of work on there, if even, and haven't really written for them in a while. I think it's this feeling of fear and dread of what they are going to do next that deterred me. I noticed my titling permissions have disappeared, and though I didn't get thrown into the writer's program, my scores are around 4-ish so I wouldn't be surprised if I submitted a few pieces that I'd end up there, too.

Sorry guys, again I don't know what to say but this sucks.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Registered WAHM

I received the email. I was already discouraged and then this happened. I write automotive but all of the good automotive titles were shoved into an area of DS that I do not have permission for. I started in the automotive and stuck with it, but now there is nothing left in the titles available to me. So oh well guess I will look for something else.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 AM
WAHM Addict

I don't know how they really base it. I started writing for them in late March and my average grammar score is a 3.7 after 44 articles. My past 5 articles have had absolutely no changes, but my grammar score hasn't increased as I would expect.

I keep expecting them to put me into the program, but again I wasn't. So I still wonder if the amount of time you've been with DS also factors into the equation.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Banned

I'm really beginning to wonder if they didn't base the decision somewhat on what type of articles you write. I know for a fact that the niche my articles are in brings in a ton of traffic, so maybe that's why I didn't get the cut? It kinda sorta makes sense. If you're going to cut writers, cut the ones who aren't bringing in a profit?
Old 08-03-2011, 04:50 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeangrey View Post
I'm really beginning to wonder if they didn't base the decision somewhat on what type of articles you write. I know for a fact that the niche my articles are in brings in a ton of traffic, so maybe that's why I didn't get the cut? It kinda sorta makes sense. If you're going to cut writers, cut the ones who aren't bringing in a profit?
I know most of the writing I've done in the past two months is for their two newer sites - Local.com and WhiteFence.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Awesome WAHM

I also have to wonder if they are going easier on writers who tend to choose titles that are bigger moneymakers and maybe don't get picked up as readily.

Does anyone know if all the emails have gone out? I wasn't totally sure when I looked at the forum posting about the WDP.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 AM
WAHM Fanatic

These WDP sweeps are a lot like the eHow article sweeps--unexpected and devastating.

Last edited by VeronicaM; 09-06-2011 at 08:26 AM.