Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi. I thought I'd introduce myself here. This is my first time to post although I signed up quite a while back and have already learned so much from the forum.
Anyway, I'm Ivy and I quit my job as a Spanish teacher a couple of months before I gave birth to my daughter (now 20 mos). I have always freelanced as a writer and as a translator, but until I became a SAHM, it had been more about the byline than the actual pay. Now, it's mostly about the pay. I've monetized my blogs, accepted ghostwriting gigs, done keyword articles (which can get ridiculous sometimes based on the requirements of the clients) and technical writing, etc. I've also become bolder about submitting stories to anthologies (the great novel is too much of a commitment at the moment with all those other paying writing assignments - clearly an excuse, lol).
I would love to exchange ideas and experiences with other writing WAHMs as well as make friends with them. Hope you all have a good one.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Awesome WAHM

Hi not new to wahm but to this post. I like to read different topic and so on. Was looking for a place to just read different stuff. any good ones to start off with. I like mystery,ghost hunt and horror others to but them 3 are the tops of my list. I have read some on here but would like to go to a main page to read from there web. Edited by: poobear
Old 07-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi: I am new in this forum and wanted to know if anyone does "article writing" outsourcing? If so, what do you charge for an article around 400 words. It would be an ongoing job...probably about 25 articles/month.

Thanks! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Awesome WAHM

Looking for romance novel information. Very beginning. Bought a book on Ebay, but there's nothing that can compare to one on one information. And the WAHM people are THE GREATEST. I truly can't stress that enough!
Thanks in advance.

Renee

Old 07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Awesome WAHM

Renee, here's another forum I like to go to for advice (just in case no one here replies fast enough). Hope this helps!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
WAHM Regular

Well, I might as well put an introduction somewhere, so I'll put it here. I joined WAHM back in mid-June, but I was a big visitor for quite awhile. The information here is WONDERFUL! I'm not new to writing, but I am new to getting paid for my writing. Thanks to the people here, I got my first solid job.
My advice for beginners would be to never to give up. Making money freelance writing is entirely possible. I only need a little extra being a SAHM. My fiance makes enough to support us, but a little extra is wonderful. However, I've learned that I could make enough money to support us as well if I needed to, and that is a relief to know.

In fact, once my children get in school, I hope to turn this into a full-time job, and I'm confident I will be able to now that I've read that many of the women here already do.

Thank you to everyone! I look forward to continue learning from you all, and hopefully helping some other beginners along the way!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:23 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I charge $.02 per word. A 400 word article would be $8.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 PM
WAHM Regular

Very useful thread.

Thanks.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you everyone for your valuable input. It's very helpful.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:40 PM
WAHM Regular

I am a new WAHM, having left the field of education to stay home with my first baby! I have always loved to write, and I am very interested in pursuing this. However, I don't have a degree in journalism, writing, or anything of that sort. My background is in teaching. Is it still possible to break in to the industry and do well without the backing of a writing degree? I'm not looking for a full-time gig, just some part-time work to indulge my love of writing and make a few bucks on the side.
Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Closed Thread