Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:12 AM
WAHM Regular

This was a super helpful thread. thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 12:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
There are hundreds of articles on these sites that give great information on everything from writing technique, to finding jobs, to how to apply to jobs, to what to do if someone doesn't pay for work you've done.
Thanks for sharing useful sources... It will pass it on to others as well
Old 06-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Yeah!

Awesome board!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:12 AM
WAHM Regular

Thumbs up Valued Post From Page One!

A writer writes. A forum poster is a form of writer, but has certain rules to follow. I am both.
On the first page of this thread is VERY valuable information I have already added to my resource list! I will be spending the next few moments trolling the rest of the pages, but I just had to burst out with my writing skills in a forum post and say THANK YOU for this thread!
(On an added note, I've read many threads on these forums and am thankful I found a great home at WHAM. Thank you for all your postings and I look forward to contributing what little I have to these forums!)
Weeeee!

Last edited by AldenteVonTino; 09-14-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Registered WAHM

That is a great idea!
Old 01-25-2016, 01:05 AM
Registered WAHM

Where can I find some good sites for beginners?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:17 AM
Wordpress Geek

If you want to start as a writing freelancer then your communication skill should be very clear. There are so many online job opportunities every business want a content writer who do their project and assignments. Who is capable to write those things what client said to you. Anyways great idea. when you searching for a job make sure you have your website and portfolio. It plays an important role.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Similar to an independent contractor, a freelancer is given the freedom to control how and when the work is completed–though usually within a set of guidelines laid out by the contractor (particularly deadlines).

With that comes a great deal of responsibility. If you want to succeed as a freelancer, it requires a great deal of self-discipline, as well as holding yourself accountable for deadlines and setting high-quality standards.

There is plenty of freelance work out there—you have just got to find it.

Identify your skills
Writing, editing, translation, graphics, photography, etc.—there are freelance opportunities for all of these!

Find your niche
Do you have experience in a certain field (medical, legal, real estate, industrial, etc.)? Are you fluent in a foreign language? These can be great avenues to pursue freelance work.

Create a portfolio of writing samples
Blogs, social media accounts, previous published works, short stories, journalistic endeavors—these can all be used as experience and helps to show potential clients your skills

Reach out to companies looking for freelancers
Job boards and local marketing companies are a great place to start. In fact, Search Influence is always on the lookout for qualified and driven freelance writers.

Last edited by SIfreelance; 10-31-2016 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 10-31-2016, 10:53 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIfreelance View Post
Similar to an independent contractor, a freelancer is given the freedom to control how and when the work is completed–though usually within a set of guidelines laid out by the contractor (particularly deadlines).

With that comes a great deal of responsibility. If you want to succeed as a freelancer, it requires a great deal of self-discipline, as well as holding yourself accountable for deadlines and setting high-quality standards.

There is plenty of freelance work out there—you have just got to find it.
What Is Freelancing? And How Do You Get Started?
What Is Freelancing? And How Do You Get Started? | Search Influence
Old 02-09-2017, 03:13 AM
Registered WAHM

This was really helpful... been thinking about going into freelance writing, so useful to see your advice!