Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-23-2016, 07:35 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Default How to transfer blog!??? Please help

I have an old blog on blogger that is getting a lot of views. I set it up to document my skincare progress (or lack of)several years ago. For fun, I added adsense to it. I would like to set up my own domain and host for that blog but I have no idea how to do that. Is there any way to do that without losing everything I have written? As you can see, I have absolutely no idea how to do any of this.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2016, 11:54 PM
Writely Applied

You will be able to export from one and/or import into another CMS (content management system).

It is recommended that you purchase your domain and then find a separate company to host that way if you are ever unhappy with one you don't have to disengage your relationship with a company that is responsible for two key services that you need.

If you are going to use WordPress look into a plugin like this so you don't lose your Blogger page rank from moving your content to your own domain.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/blogger-301-redirect/
Old 02-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Super WAHM

Just contact the company that you're buying your domain and monthly hosting from and ask them how much they will charge you to move it. That's what I did last week. Best stress-free $25 I ever spent.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:12 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Thank You! I looked it up and the process seemed kinda lengthy for me. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal for someone who is really good with all this computer stuff but I'm slow when it comes to this!
Old 02-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugsmom View Post
Thank You! I looked it up and the process seemed kinda lengthy for me. I guess it wouldn't be a big deal for someone who is really good with all this computer stuff but I'm slow when it comes to this!
I'm fairly technically impaired. I either have to wait for my oldest son to have time or I have to pay someone. My new host moved mine for me. Best $25 I've EVER spent. There's no shame in making sure someone else has work.