Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:31 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Would you use a free website like wix?

Hi,
Still doing research on how to start a blog...I was curious to know if anyone uses free website services for their websites or blogs? Places like wix, weebly, or webs.com - are these good places to start? I know most on here are big fans of WordPress...however, I was just curious if anyone has ever used these sites for a blog or website? Or perhaps a website builder? If so, do they allow you to use ads or generate revenue?

Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2015, 07:25 PM
WAHM Regular

I use blogspot for my site, but did buy a domain so it's not a blogspot.com. It's free and you can use ads.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Grand WAHM

If you're just starting out and testing the waters, a free blog or site is a great way to start. If you are in it for the long haul, it's really worth buying your own site/domain. If you're going to work really hard promoting something, I think it's worth owning the site/blog you are promoting.

In the past, Google/BlogSpot has taken down many make money type blogs and blogs with any money making stuff on them, except for AdSense of course.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Super WAHM

I use a free website builder called Ucoz and I like it very much. Weebly has also taken down sites that they considered free money websites. I had a site with them and they shut it down. That's when I switched to Ucoz. I plan on upgrading with them.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:48 PM
Banned

I use Blogger and Weebly, but I do have my own domain name. I use Weebly to set up the website and then link from there to Blogger for my blog. I use a subdomain for the blog, so it's on the same website domain.

I've never had a problem with either, but it's all new and doesn't get much traffic. I like that Weebly has paid plans for when you start getting more traffic or need more space, so you don't have to move the whole thing to another place.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:51 AM
Registered WAHM

My very first blog was blogspot.com I've also used weebly, webs, etc and all. Just depends on what you're writing about!
Old 06-22-2015, 03:31 PM
WAHM Regular

I am blown away with the responses love this community and the questions so much I'm learning here. !!
Old 06-22-2015, 09:46 PM
WAHM Regular

I personally have a online business with Wix. I found some of the other web hosting site was just to hard to get started on. I like Wix because all you have to do is click and drag. At the present, I do not have my own domain name so I am using their for now. My site is fairly new and I am using the free site for right now.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks everyone - I too am interested in having a website/blog - but even using Pinterest for ideas, there's a lot out there.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:41 PM
WAHM Addict

If you will be promoting paid to sites I don't recommend blogger.
I had a really good blog there a while back promoting paid to sites.
I had lots of traffic and success and then boom out of no where my blog was deleted and I was devastated.
So be careful who you choose to blog with and what kind of content you will be promoting.