Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:04 AM
WAHM Regular

Default New blogger advice

Hello,
I am just beginning my blog for my company and I have a few questions.
How often do you blog? Daily? Weekly?
Do you utilize SEO for your blog? Has it been successful?
How do you drive traffic to your blog otherwise?

I am looking for feedback on my blog, if you want to view it, please message me.

Robin
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2015, 01:42 PM
WAHM Regular

I have been only blogging for a short time so am not one to be able to give you a lot of advice in this area.

In terms of how often to blog, I have read differing views of this, everything from once a week or even just 2-3 times a month to six or seven times a week all the way up to multiple times per day.

What I have read from a few bloggers who claim to have success with blogging is that the more often you post the more the Google bots will spider your website and the more search engine traffic you will get. I don't really have any personal experience with this. I just blog when I am able to (generally 1-4 times per week).

What I have also read from several blogging "experts" is that it is important to set a consistent schedule for when you publish your blog posts. For example, blogging every Monday and Thursday. I have not taken this advice myself but think that it is something that I will try and do..

As for getting traffic, having good quality, unique and helpful content definitely does help. I am just start to do this myself but being active in social media helps to bring traffic to your blog as well. Having a signature to your blog in forums doesn't hurt either. Just be sure not to spam the forums. That's a sure fire way to get banned from forums or your posts deleted at minimum.

Can't tell you much more than that. My blog is only three months old and just now starting to get some search engine traffic and traffic from other sources. It is increasing every week though so I am encouraged by that.

Christopher
Old 03-18-2015, 07:39 PM
Awesome WAHM

I blog generally when I have something to share or when I get a new thought or idea that I want to put out. Of course, you can also choose to blog on a schedule, looking at it more like delivering articles to a client that has requested it. In such a circumstance, you have no option but to come up with something. It's a good way to keep yourself motivated to blog when you don't feel like blogging.

Since my site is a Wordpress site, I utilize one of the SEO plug-ins available there. Every time I write a blog post, the SEO module opens up and I can see how SEO optimized my blog post is and make the necessary changes. Whether SEO is successful depends these days on Google and it's ever changing algorithms. So, you can just do your best and hope for the best.

As for traffic, I write good unique content that people would be interested in. Therefore, I get traffic from searches people do on Google, Bing, and other search engines. I haven't used social media yet, but the long-term traffic most people need to make money through affiliates comes from organic searches made through search engines.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:12 PM
WAHM Regular

Write decent length articles, as often as you can be motivated. For some that is daily, a few times a week, or monthly. It depends.

There are plenty of monster blogs that post once or twice a month, and others that are popular and update many times daily.

Quality over quantity
Old 03-21-2015, 07:41 AM
Registered WAHM

Default My tips

I will tell you what I was told.

The main thing is consistency. If you decided on a time schedule, you should stick to it as closely as possible.

When I started I was not sure about this and I chose to blog twice a month. I have since decided and blog once a week. I have no desire to blog daily.

Tip 2: Write good content. You should concentrate on this. Also check your spelling, I use the website Paperrater to check grammar, word choices, etc. As for length, it should get your point across and have substance. The goal is to add value to your readers.

Tip 3: SEO - you didn't mention what platform you are using to blog? Wordpress.org is what I am familiar with. If you are on wordpress.org.. check out WPBeginner.com that was and is still a good source for me.

Tip 4: Driving traffic, sources. This will depend a lot on what your content is. As for me my blog is business 2 business related. For me Twitter, Pinterest and Linkedin or my social media sources. I do get a lot from SEO searches also.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southhillcharmgirl View Post
Hello,
I am just beginning my blog for my company and I have a few questions.
How often do you blog? Daily? Weekly?
Do you utilize SEO for your blog? Has it been successful?
How do you drive traffic to your blog otherwise?

I am looking for feedback on my blog, if you want to view it, please message me.

Robin
I usually blog weekly but I have just gotten back to it because I had a very hectic month.

I don't necessarily focus on seo and I can say that I have not really mastered it but what I do is focus on writing good content.

I drive traffic to my blog by participating in blog communities, social media and I participate in forums that pertain to my blog topic and I utilize freeadvertising sites. Some of them let you put your blog url and your social media accounts in your profile. I also comment and share not only my blog posts on social media but other bloggers blogs as well. I am about to start using more images in my social media posts as those get lots of shares.

Tags
blog, south hill designs, south hill designs artist, south hill designs canada, south hill designs mexico