Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Ads

Can you guys check out my site and see if the ads are too overwhelming? I have to monetize, but I don't want to be one of those sites that has so many ads it is annoying.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 11:27 AM
Author & Entrepreneur

Looks good to me
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Registered WAHM

I got a pop up at the bottom of my page. The ads in the site are ok, but the one that jumps up when you scroll down through the site is annoying and hides your content. If I wasn't there to look it over, I would have clicked away from your site without reading further.

Sorry.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Don't be sorry! That is why I asked. What are you viewing it on? My iPhone and desktop dot show pop ups at all. I definitely want to fix it bc I hate those too. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2014, 04:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Don't know if I'm too late, but I have some input on both the ads and the popups. The ads seem fine and pretty much just like any other site's ads - which is good in this case. I did not get a popup, either.

On the other hand, from my experience with ads, browsers and malware, popups generally show up for everyone or not at all. Since it appears homeandhired wasn't aware of any popups, and as the popups are only showing up for one person, it's more likely that the person seeing the popups has some sort of adware/malware on their browser or computer (most likely the result of using IE or from a silent "drive by download" install that you weren't aware of). Hope this helps :-)

Last edited by JCTorpey; 02-12-2014 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-14-2014, 01:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Wordpress.org

I found this on wordpress while trying to figure out how to monetize using ad words. Can someone explain what this means ?

My site is self-hosted on WordPress.org, can I still run WordAds?

A: WordAds is currently not available for self-hosted sites Iím afraid. Some sites are moving to hosting on WordPress.com and WordAds.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Author & Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags View Post
I found this on wordpress while trying to figure out how to monetize using ad words. Can someone explain what this means ?

My site is self-hosted on WordPress.org, can I still run WordAds?

A: WordAds is currently not available for self-hosted sites Iím afraid. Some sites are moving to hosting on WordPress.com and WordAds.
I didn't get any popups either.

Mags: If you are using Wordpress.org to host your website you need to check their terms and conditions. Hosting on their site means no ads. You need your own hosting. Namecheap.com is pretty good if you only need to host one site and extremely cheap
Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Super WAHM

The site looks good to me. It is laid out very nicely and it is easy to navigate.

What I would add to it is a newsletter opt in box where you can follow up with your leads about the opportunities and "jobs" that you have on your site.

Many visitors will leave your site and will never come back and just having an opt in box is a great way to have them come back to visit because of your follow ups in your email newsletter.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate it!
Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Thankjs

Thanks for all your help. I will buy a domain name through wordpress, it will be .com
I emailed them and they said they now allow adwords for .org as well but .com is more common and that's what people use more often.

Isn't it the same thing when you buy it on wordpress and namecheap.
I don't have any job opportunities on my site, do I still need a newsletter ?