Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Payingthebills

Default Does it work?

Does anyone really make money blogging? My husband has a blog and he is finally starting to really get some buzz going and regular readers, it would be cool if he made a few dollars?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes, a lot of people make money blogging. More people don't though

The secret is to build a following. Once you have a good following then you can create an ebook or partner with someone who already has a product. Sell them the product or become an affiliate and start earning from your loyal fans. Give them a good product of course
Old 04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
WAHM Master

Absolutely works. Depends on how much you're promoting, what you're promoting, making connections and a ton more variables.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 AM
WAHM Regular

That's great about your husband's blog! The Work at Home Woman site has some great tips that would apply for men bloggers as well! I purchased her e-book for both the information as well as a possible business model for an actual e-book.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 AM
WAHM Fanatic

What does your husband blog about?

I belong to the MomDot forum and we have several men there as well. There's a board that focuse strictly on monetization and they talk about ad networks, affiliates and just about anything else. The members share what works for them, the best ways to use the different methods and also share any complaints or problems with them.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM
WAHM Regular

It doesn't work. Money doesn't just come rolling in if you blog, you work, you network...you earn the money you make.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes blogging can really work and it does.

Most of the money I make comes from doing SEO and the monetization method I make the most money from is with Adsense and Network Affiliate Marketing.

I think people come out and think they can start a blog about anything and just start making money.

Think again !! It does not work that way

First, You have to choose a Blog that has the potential to make money. Writing about the abundant growth of the green caterpillar in east Tennessee might get some viewers but I do not think anyone will fork out major cash on your blog for anything.

Secondly, a Blog is like a baby. You have to keep nurturing it and then over a period of time you start to see some amazing growth if done properly.

I know I have been doing it for over 5 years now and still keep learning and earning every single day. My wife thought it as a passing hobby at first but I knew it was not

There are up and downs but you really have to have passion for it and it does not happen over night.

At least for 99.9% of the Bloggers out there

Last edited by discrat; 04-19-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:05 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJ View Post
It doesn't work. Money doesn't just come rolling in if you blog, you work, you network...you earn the money you make.
True, the bloggers I know that make decent money will tell you how hard they work on social networks, visiting and commenting on other blogs, keeping up on what Google now wants, the FTC as far as disclosures and then the IRS and taxes. They have to constantly monitor their sites and fix problems as they occur which might affect traffic. Replying to comments when appropriate.

To be successful it has to be treated like a business and not a hobby or part time job.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Yes blogging does work! You have to create good contents, followers, and traffic. Once the traffic starts coming in, you can place affiliate links up, sell ad spaces, or use google Adsense. Building back links will really help out with the traffic
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes It works once you will get readers then your husband will earn good amount of dollars. just make good content and promote then you will get traffic and revenue also ..