Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:20 PM
WAHM Regular

Default I need some help please!!

I imported my blogger into wordpress (which I love) but I cant figure out how to get wordpress to be my From Foreclosure to Frugal site (right now its blogger) can anyone help me? I think I prefer not to use wordpress.org and want to stay with WP.com because if I can make it work its free right? bahhhhh help please!?

Last edited by starbirdy66; 02-21-2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Removed link
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 08:10 AM
WAHM Master

You don't want to use Wordpress.com because you cannot monetize that blog platform. I assume that you want to start a blog to make money right? If that is the case then you'll need to get a hosting account (Host Gator is good). Then once you have a hosting account, you'll get DNS nameservers and you'll change that where you purchased your domain.

Side note: don't ever host where you buy your domain for security purposes
Old 02-21-2013, 11:52 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angienewton View Post
You don't want to use Wordpress.com because you cannot monetize that blog platform. I assume that you want to start a blog to make money right? If that is the case then you'll need to get a hosting account (Host Gator is good). Then once you have a hosting account, you'll get DNS nameservers and you'll change that where you purchased your domain.

Side note: don't ever host where you buy your domain for security purposes
I have the domain, I am going to use HostGator, but I dont want wordpress with HostGatr?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:58 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Is there a reason you don't want wordpress?

As far as I know there's no way to use wordpress.com on your own hosting site. Wordpress.org is free to use, you only have to pay for your domain and hosting.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
WAHM Master

Yes you want Wordpress through Host Gator (.org). Wordpress.com and .org are different.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Awesome WAHM

Has your question been answered Samantha? Are you asking how to make a domain name you purchased refer to your Wordpress.com site instead of to your blogger site? (I think Wordpress charges a small fee to use your own domain name.)

That's a different question than whether or not you should use WordPress.com or purchased hosting and install the free script from Wordpress.org. (I'll also be happy to explain some of the differences between the two if you want.)

If you already have a domain name and already purchased Hostgator hosting, then you need to install Wordpress on your Hostgator account rather than use Wordpress.com. (And installing it is also free, you just have to pay for the hosting).