Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Thank you for all of your suggestions! I would like to stick with ".com" but "readwithme" is already taken. I hate to say it but unless I want to use "abcwillyoureadwithme.com", I must find a completely different blog name with a domain that is available.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 PM
WAHM Master

I would definitely go with .com

What about willyoureadwithme.com or abcreadwithme.com

Trying to read back, not sure if you searched those yet. The domain doesn't really matter as much as the pages and posts within the site. And your site title in a header doesn't have to be the domain name.

On a side note, I just met the .ME peeps this weekend at New Media Expo, they had a booth. Cool extension but I wouldn't personally use it for main site.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 PM
WAHM Fanatic

When a name is taken in the .com you can also try adding on a word like zone, circle, site, place, hq etc. to the primary keyword.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Same as the others, I would go for .com. Regarding the domain name, sad to hear that readwithme is already taken.

How about "ABCReadWithMeNow" or "ReadWithMom", just suggestions.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Super WAHM

At the end of the day, it really does not matter all that much. You can brand just about anything if you do it right.

However, if someone already owns and is using the .com, I would never go with the .net, .org, or any other extension. You could potentially be sending them a lot of free traffic because people are used to typing .com. They might mean to go to your site, and end up someone else's instead.

Also, if I am going to use a different extension, I always make sure I own and redirect the .com too. Otherwise, someone could come along and buy the .com later and siphon off traffic from me as I described above.