Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Super WAHM

Default Any of you have more than 1 blog?

Hey wondering how many of you have more than 1 blog and how do you manage to keep up with them?

I have two and I have been so thrown off by the birth of my 3rd child 2 months ago and find it hard to regularly update. I am lucky if I get a blog post in once a week.

Is two blogs with 2 different niches too much to handle?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
WAHM Addict

I have several different blogs. the key is being able to preschedule your posts.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcandles View Post
I have several different blogs. the key is being able to preschedule your posts.
I guess that is a part of the problem.lol my day is unpredictable so I write a post when I get the free time. I have started writing a title in advance and that helps but I can never schedule anything with my kids lol
Old 07-14-2012, 05:00 PM
WAHM Addict

Yah.. that can be the trick. I know that sometimes when I sit down to write, I can write multiple posts in a matter of minutes but other times, I cannot come up with anything.

Guest posts could be helpful.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcandles View Post
Yah.. that can be the trick. I know that sometimes when I sit down to write, I can write multiple posts in a matter of minutes but other times, I cannot come up with anything.

Guest posts could be helpful.

Great idea!
Old 07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
WAHM Fanatic

All of my businesses are run on blogs so I work all day blogging in different ways. I agree with the prescheduling and working ahead when you have the time. I block out times to write for this blog or that one and client work in between and it helps me focus and stay on task. Otherwise I would go crazy!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Super WAHM

I have one blog but I am going to reopen my health blog that blogger shutdown. I just opened the site but I haven't did anything with it because I have a lot of things to do and I haven't gotten around to it. But I love to write about natural health so I'm going to get it up and running. I have 3 squidoo lenses and I am going to be writing another one. Keeping yourself on a schedule really works. I love writing so it's not a chore.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Yes I have more than one blog. I have a personal blog about myself as well as niche blogs for different markets. Needless to say, I don't run all of them at once
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 AM
WAHM Regular

I have a personal blog and then I am a writer for Wired's GeekMom blog. I do admit that I went a while where I wasn't posting in my personal blog because I just didn't have the drive to write in it.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Super WAHM

Creating 2 (successful) blogs can be very difficult. If your goal is to monetize your blog and make money from it, make sure you are able to produce 1 successful blog, before you start up another one. Often times we'll think of an idea and immediately set up a blog only to regret it down the road. I know I'm guilty of this myself. Don't spread yourself to thin. Devote your time to one blog...Just my thoughts...