Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:23 PM
WAHM Regular

Does anyone know what Google Adsense is and how does it work. Cheryl has an ad on one of her pages that says they will teach you how to make money with Google Adsense. Does this program work? I figured someone in web design might know the answer to this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Super WAHM

They are ads that are placed on your website. You get a small amount of money for either each person that clicks on the ad or each person that uses the product or service. I am not sure which.

Misty
Old 11-17-2005, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Hello akchrist

When you sign up as a Google AdSense member you will have access to code that you can place on your site to display ads and/or the Google Search box.

You will get paid for every click to an ad. On the search box you get paid only when the searcher clicks on a sponsored search result. Google's bot examines your page and then displays relevant advertising to fit the theme.

Google will pay you a percentage of whatever the keyword bid price is by the advertiser. This means that the payment you get for a click will vary widely. They have a $100 minimum payout so you will have to accumulate that much before they send you a check.

Do you need some free content to add to your site? There are over 100 articles to choose from here. They rae very simple to use. The HTML code is provided so that al you need to do is copy and paste it into your site. Wide variety of topics to choose from. You will also find many other webmaster resources such as tutorials, affiliate program directories, etc...

David
Old 11-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Super WAHM

Google has a very comprehensive Adsense Help section for people considering getting involved with their Adsense program. It answers every question, but there's one heck of a lot of reading there!

You might want to start out with the Google Adsense Quick Tour or FAQ, first,to see if this programmay be the right thing for you. Here's how Google explains their concept:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="95%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

<A>What is Google AdSense?</A>
<DIV =faq_>

Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant, unobtrusive Google ads on their website's content pages and earn money. Because the ads are related to what your users are looking for on your site, you'll finally have a way to both monetize and enhance your content pages...

It's also a way for web site publishers to provide Google search to their site users, and to earn money by displaying Google ads on the search results pages...

The program is free, and combines pay-per-click and pay-per-impression advertising - meaning you get paid for valid clicks on the ads on your site or search results pages as well as impressions on your content pages. </BLOCKQUOTE>
Hope this helps!
Jen</TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Old 11-18-2005, 01:42 PM
WAHM Regular

Example of Site I designed for a client and implemented the Google ads.

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/

Old 11-24-2005, 01:16 AM
Super WAHM

i have my own website that I haven't set up to coincide with Google adsense just yet, but I did sign up with writingup ( http://www.writingup.com?referer=604 ) It is a blog. They pay you to write and they show the ads on thier site. It ends up being something very easy for you because all you basically have to do everyday is journal. (or whenever you want, but the more you write the more money you make)
Old 12-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Super WAHM

I have adsense on my sight, but how do I get the search feature?<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Old 12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Super WAHM

they have a option you have to select if you want search also, login into your account and you will see it