Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Awesome WAHM

Thats like askng what kind of car to buy. Some people need a pickup, others a minivan, others 4WD. If you look thru all the companies on the forum and can;t pick one, send em a PM with your phone and I will be happy to talk with you about it. Or take a look at my school website.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 PM
WAHM Regular

I would love to have you on my team! I'm an Independent Scentsy Consultant. Our products are great, and they sell themselves. The starter kit is $99, and has been revamped and includes more product than it used to. To check it out and see what all you get, visit my website: https://kellirobinson.scentsy.us/scentsy_starter_kit. Along with the starter kit, which includes your business supplies, you also get 3 months free of your personalized website, which is a great business tool.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Have a great day, and good luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm with a company called Thirty One. We currently are one of the fastest growing direct sales companies in the US. We offer a unique line of hand bags, purses, totes, bags and much more that can be personalized. I do offer options for earning the start up kit for free also!!! Feel free to look at my website and see if you like the products. www.party31gifts.com . If your interested, feel free to contact me!

Good luck ~ and biggest suggestion I have is to find what you like and excited about, and you'll do well selling it!

Jennifer
Old 01-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Awesome WAHM

I would suggest selling something you yourself think is a great product. I have been fortunate to find two-Uppercase Living and Scentsy. If you would like more information on either --both start up kits are $99 please email me. Good luck in your search.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Awesome WAHM

I completely agree with what others have said - be sure you choose a product that you are passionate about, and your passion for the businses will follow!

Best of luck finding a DS company to work with, there are many great ones out there!

Feel free to contact me regarding Rastelli Direct, I'd love to give you more information on my business that provides a product that I'm VERY passionate about!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered WAHM

I completely agree with the other posters RE: finding something to sell that you are passionate about!! Although this is very important, there are other factors to consider as well.

You need to check for saturation---are there tons of reps selling the same thing in a 60-mi radius of you? Ultimately, as in any DS business, the long-term residual business you make off of your downline can be your biggest income!

Choose a product(s) that is/are still thriving in our down economy. Is it a need or a want that people will spend money on right now?

What are your initial start up costs? How long will it take you to recoup your investment, and will you keep having to buy inventory to keep your business running?

I thought about all of these, and looked at several different companies until I finally decided on Vault Denim! I honestly believe in my heart & soul that is was a very, very wise decision! Like the previous consultant explained, it's a low start -up ($99), and there is NEVER any inventory to buy---the company supplies it! And who doesn't wear jeans? Who wouldn't want them for free or deeply discounted? It's a new & exciting party---one that many haven't been to, let alone ever heard of, so it stirs a lot of curiosity. In my week and 1/2 of being a VFC, I've scheduled 5 shows from people that have contacted ME, I haven't had to call on even ONE person! It's a ground floor opportunity, and I know in 5-10 years from now I would have kicked myself from here to the moon for not joining!

Where are you located in IN? Feel free to contact me for more info if you'd like! I'd be more than happy to get you some info or answer any questions! Best of luck to you in whatever you choose
Old 02-11-2011, 06:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Curious to know which company (if any) you ended up picking?

I'm a Barefoot Books rep, I chose them after much research because of the low cost (i.e. no start up or ongoing fees). I was also drawn to the product, there weren't a ton of reps in my area, and I like the feel-good nature of the business. See their about/core values message:

Explore. Imagine. Create. Connect. Give Back. Thatís what Barefoot Books is all about. Itís exploring other cultures, our planet, ourselves. Itís making time for make-believe and letting imaginations run wild and free. Most of all, itís about using the power of stories to nourish the creative spark in everyone and strengthen connections with family, the global community, and the earth.

Anyway, hope you are finding success whichever direction you went in!