Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Interested...

I'm interested in working at home and like what I've read about Visalus Sciences so far... However, I have a newborn on the way (10/8) and don't think I'd be great at hosting parties, either. Currently we are living with hubby's parents while they get back on their feet, so holding parties here wouldn't be a great idea, anyway. Is there a possible way to make money in this business without holding parties? What does this business entail and how realistic is the expectation to actually MAKE money doing it? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Super WAHM

Hey there Congratulations on having a baby on the way I myself have a son who turns 3 on 10/1, children are such a blessing!

To answer your questions....
As with any business, what you put into it is what you get out of it. Treat it as a hobby and it will pay you like a hobby, treat it like a business and it's your only option for income, and you will succeed. We have a PROVEN system and when you combine that and the right sponsor and team, you have a formula for absolute success

Regarding challenge parties.... you could see if a friend or family member would open their home for you but otherwise I'm not completely sure what advice to give you here. Blake Mallen explains on our party instruction site that things don't have to be absolutely perfect... when things look simple, they look duplicate-able to other people, which means they will have confidence in being able to do it, too.

Hope this helps

Ashleigh
Old 09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbear21 View Post
As with any business, what you put into it is what you get out of it. Treat it as a hobby and it will pay you like a hobby, treat it like a business and it's your only option for income, and you will succeed. We have a PROVEN system and when you combine that and the right sponsor and team, you have a formula for absolute success

Regarding challenge parties.... you could see if a friend or family member would open their home for you but otherwise I'm not completely sure what advice to give you here. Blake Mallen explains on our party instruction site that things don't have to be absolutely perfect... when things look simple, they look duplicate-able to other people, which means they will have confidence in being able to do it, too.
Great advice, Ashleigh! Having a proven system and following it is what has made ViSalus so successful.

The whole duplication thing is so important. But, I'm not comfortable having a party in our house, either. (I could easily win an award as the world's worst housekeeper.) So we've figured out ways around that and have had seven challenge parties this month, but none of them have been at our house. We've never had a challenge party in our house. We've had them at our place of business several times and the homes of the promoters in our team. Where you have the party isn't nearly as important as what you do beforehand to promote your party.

As a mom who's going to be having a baby next month (Congratulations!) you'll be in a great place to start your own 90-Day Challenge. When your friends see how quickly you lose your baby weight I guarantee they're going to want to know what in the heck you're doing. You may want to consider coming in as a customer first, starting the Challenge, then upgrading to become a promoter. If you are on autoship your products will cost the same as a customer or as a promoter. (The upgrade is anywhere from $50 to $999, depending on how aggressively you want to pursue your business.)

Bottom line, if you want to make a go of it badly enough you will find a way to make it happen. I actually have a friend who went around his neighborhood pulling a little wagon passing out shake samples and flyers to all his neighbors. He made it to six figures his first year in ViSalus and he had no experience in network marketing or party plans. So, can you make money with this company? Sure. But how many people do you know who have the guts to pass out shakes from a little wagon to all their neighbors. I'd need something stronger than milk in my shake to give me the courage to do that. That's why ViSalus encourages us to have Challenge parties, because all we have to do is make some shakes and press "play" on the vcr. And if you get creative, you can figure out a way to have a party without doing at your in-laws house. Your upline and anyone here would be happy to offer other suggestions.

Best of luck with your new baby and I hope you find all the success you are looking for!

Party On!
Laurie
Old 09-12-2012, 09:28 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Congratulations!

A new baby is such a blessing and what better way to stay home and take care of yours while making money in the process. Visalus has such a wonderful training program in place that they walk you through all of the steps needed to be successful. It's your determination and your drive that will put success in action for you. This is a very obtainable goal. I wish you the very best of luck and success

Lesley
Old 09-12-2012, 09:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebleclefmama View Post
I'm interested in working at home and like what I've read about Visalus Sciences so far... However, I have a newborn on the way (10/8) and don't think I'd be great at hosting parties, either. Currently we are living with hubby's parents while they get back on their feet, so holding parties here wouldn't be a great idea, anyway. Is there a possible way to make money in this business without holding parties? What does this business entail and how realistic is the expectation to actually MAKE money doing it? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!
Hey lady, I started promoting Visalus a year ago. Three months into it I became pregnant. I was even in the hospital on bed rest for weeks 27-37 of my pregnancy. My son is currently three months old. I can tell you ViSalus has been THE BEST opportunity to come my way!!! It's not always about where you hold parties. If you have friends interested in the products, they can have somethign at their house. I now am able to work from home and spend great quality time with my LO while making great $$, driving a free BWM and helping people get healthy. Feel free to reach out to me if you have other questions.

Michelle
Take the Challenge | Body by Vi Promoter - Michelle Yeager Turner