Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-23-2022, 04:01 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile (Just Curious) Where are you all from?

I just done keying snippets for today. I am just wondering where some of the independent contractors who work for "KeyForCash" are located? I got hired on for "KeyForCash" in early 2013. I found out about the site "KeyForCash" through a job website called "Workersonboard." I signed up and took a test and was put on a waiting list for about six months before being hired. I am from a small town in Wisconsin. I am married and I have two children, My youngest child, (my daughter), just graduated from high school this past May of 2022. I would love to hear where some of you are all from if you don't mind sharing that information. I look forward to seeing where some of you are located in the US. Happy Keying to all and I hope you all have an enjoyable evening!

Last edited by Diamond500; 08-23-2022 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2022, 04:59 PM
WAHM Regular

Aw darn, I missed typing today I checked around 12pm and there was nothing so figured there wouldn't be lol.

I'm from Chicago but moved to Northwest Indiana in 2007! I forgot when I started here.. I remember it was Key for Cash and then switched over to Lionbridge and that's all I remember LOL. Pretty sure I found out about it on here!
Old 08-23-2022, 05:13 PM
WAHM Regular

Talking

Thanks for sharing "cola1016!" I've been to Chicago several times in my life. I live about 3 hours away from Chicago. Wisconsin isn't very far away! LOL! I love visiting Chicago, but I wouldn't want to live there. I prefer living in Wisconsin instead, although the winters are usually very cold, last year wasn't too bad. Hopefully, during the rest of the week there will be snippets for us to key. Today started out slow, but it picked up around noon time. I just finished keying here in the Midwest, it's 7 p.m. (Central Standard Time). My fingers are tired. I am quitting for tonight. There is still work available for those of you that want to type yet today. Happy Keyboarding!!!

Last edited by Diamond500; 08-23-2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:21 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond500 View Post
Thanks for sharing "cola1016!" I've been to Chicago several times in my life. I live about 3 hours away from Chicago. Wisconsin isn't very far away! LOL! I love visiting Chicago, but I wouldn't want to live there. I prefer living in Wisconsin instead, although the winters are usually very cold, last year wasn't too bad. Hopefully, during the rest of the week there will be snippets for us to key. Today started out slow, but it picked up around noon time. I just finished keying here in the Midwest, it's 7 p.m. (Central Standard Time). My fingers are tired. I am quitting for tonight. There is still work available for those of you that want to type yet today. Happy Keyboarding!!!
Hey, I pretty much missed any keying there was for today. It looks as if I may not make payout this time around, unless I am able to get work over the weekend or something. By the time I am able to get on at night the work is usually gone.

I live in NC, but I am originally from CT. I was born and raised there. And then moved out toward Seattle, WA with a job transfer from CT. I actually have been to WI, as when I returned east in 2005, my best friend who I flew out there, came to help me drive back east. I forget the town we stayed overnight in and then we got up the next morning to continue our journey back east. But we traveled through 12 states in 4 days to get back to CT.

Then from CT, I moved to NC which is where I live now. I have been here for about 17 years. I really don't like the hot weather here, but I moved here to be closer to my mother. My mother was born here, but moved to CT when my grandparents migrated there when she was young. Once she retired, she moved from CT back to NC.

I started at KFC in 2008. I remembered trying to get on with KFC for a very long time. I believe I tried first getting on with them in 2007. They didn't have a test like they do now. You would apply back then and then just hope that you could get on. Then finally they developed a skills test and after taking that and scoring in the high percentile, I was hired maybe 3 weeks later. I was so ecstatic to finally get on with them and here I've been ever since. I'm pretty sure I heard about the position from this board.

OK well, it's late here in NC on EST. So, I'm getting in the bed and hoping I can catch any work tomorrow.

Night all.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:21 AM
PaperFree Corp/KeyForCash

Pennsylvanian here, born and raised. Married, and have two awesome girls, one starting high school and one in elementary.

At this point it looks pretty solid to say that we will have some weekend work coming up, similar volumes to last weekend, if not a little more.
Old 08-24-2022, 04:39 AM
Super WAHM

Springfield, Missouri here. I'm an Air Force brat so we moved all over when I was a child but spent most of my growing up in North Carolina. My dad retired and we moved to Missouri during my senior year of high school. Missouri is where my mom was from. Dad, who was from NC, said my mom followed him around for almost 20 years, so he would retire where she wanted to go. I was not a happy teenager when we moved and swore I would return to NC after graduating high school, but that never happened. I went back for 2 1/2 yrs after my husband passed away in 2017 but returned to MO because I missed my 3 grandsons too much. Now I am engaged to be married next May and will be honeymooning on the coast of NC. I do miss those beaches!
I have been with KFC for too many years to count. I actually paid like $20-$30 to get the info for KFC. I'm not sure what it was actually called then. I've been here when it was Virtual Bee, KeyForCash, Lionbridge, (not sure what else). I remember when you got a check in the mail and it would take at least 2 weeks before it arrived.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:01 AM
WAHM Regular

I live in Pennsylvania.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:00 AM
WAHM Regular

Northeast Ohio here!

Married, one 8-yr-old child.

3 cats: Kitty, and her daughters, June & Dolly.

Been at this since 2016 when it was still Lionbridge.
Old 08-24-2022, 08:11 AM
WAHM Regular

I'm in the Phoenix metro area! I came to Arizona for a work trip in 1995 and basically never left.

Thanks for the info about weekend work, IT_Guy! Great news.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

I am so happy to hear that there will probably be work this weekend, "It Guy!" I am enjoying typing the snippets and it looks like work is picking up at a steady volume since Monday morning. That is awesome news! Happy Keyboarding To All! Thanks to all of you that responded to my thread recently. It's interesting to see where everyone is from. Have a great week everyone!