Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-24-2022, 09:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Congratulations go out to "Retired In NC" on your engagement! I have been married for 33 years since this past June, going on 34 years! My husband & I are high school sweetheart's. Two Children, a boy 20, and a girl 18, now all grown up. Time is sure going by fast. That's interesting that you paid $20 to $30 to get into KFC. I learned of "KeyForCash "on a job board called "Workersonboard." It's a wonderful site for work at home jobs and it's still active today. I never paid any fees to get into KFC, it was completely free, I had to wait about six months, and I was put on a waiting list before being invited to work in 2013. I can remember receiving the paper checks at KFC for a short time, then it became "Virtual Bee," then, "LionBridge SmartCrowd" and now "KeyForCash" again! I have been to North Carolina one time, when I was a young teenager with my parents on a vacation, and I can remember seeing the Atlantic Ocean for the first time. It was beautiful and loud! I collected a few seashells when I was there. I haven't been there since. Looking forward to Fall here in Wisconsin, it's my favorite time of year!

Last edited by Diamond500; 08-24-2022 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2022, 10:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in NC View Post
Springfield, Missouri here. I'm an Air Force brat so we moved all over when I was a child but spent most of my growing up in North Carolina. My dad retired and we moved to Missouri during my senior year of high school. Missouri is where my mom was from. Dad, who was from NC, said my mom followed him around for almost 20 years, so he would retire where she wanted to go. I was not a happy teenager when we moved and swore I would return to NC after graduating high school, but that never happened. I went back for 2 1/2 yrs after my husband passed away in 2017 but returned to MO because I missed my 3 grandsons too much. Now I am engaged to be married next May and will be honeymooning on the coast of NC. I do miss those beaches!
I have been with KFC for too many years to count. I actually paid like $20-$30 to get the info for KFC. I'm not sure what it was actually called then. I've been here when it was Virtual Bee, KeyForCash, Lionbridge, (not sure what else). I remember when you got a check in the mail and it would take at least 2 weeks before it arrived.

I forgot about when it was virtual bee! 😂
Old 08-24-2022, 11:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Kansas here! Lived in KS 21 yrs then moved to ND for 5 then back to KS for the last 12. Hated KS growing up until I got to ND and realized, KS weather wasn't so bad lol.
Married for 18 yrs with 2 wonderful kids, 16 and 15.
Been keying since 2007/2008ish. Been through all the changes and have to say, it's doing so much better now than when I first started! So thankful for the work! Love being home with my kiddos!!!
Old 08-24-2022, 03:58 PM
Super WAHM

Diamond500, thank you. My late husband and I were married 27 years. He was my soul mate. But God has given me another chance at love.
I cant exactly remember how it happened I paid to get the info into KFC (or whatever it was back then) but I don't think I had a waiting period by doing this. I will check out the website you mentioned for the slow times.
NC has always had my heart. My grandparents were from there and I still have cousins. My best friend of over 50 years is there. We were neighbors growing up. I love love love seashells. I have quite a collection myself. There is an island off the coast of Atlantic Beach, NC called Shackelford Island. You take a ferry over and can see feral horses and more seashells than you can imagine!
Old 08-24-2022, 06:03 PM
WAHM Regular

Southwestern PA, here...about an hour southeast of Pittsburgh. I've been doing this for too many years too count, also. I remember the paper checks, too - and them taking forever to arrive. The pay was very good back then, then it dropped, and dropped wayyyy down. I'm very glad to be under the new company. IT Guy is fantastic with keeping us informed on here, but the company also actually communicates with us and seems to appreciate our quality and efforts. I have a 21 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. In addition to this gig, I do some very part-time secretarial work for my church. Working KFC also allows me to be available to help take care of our family. I helped care for a friend of the family with dementia until she was recently placed in a care home. And I'm also currently the primary caregiver for my mother-in-law, as she's been battling cancer for going on 4 years, now. This job is perfect because of the flexibility; I know that I can skip keying for weeks, and I can still log in and a have a job whenever I'm able.

Old 08-25-2022, 03:03 PM
Super WAHM

Central IL. Wanting to move and in Chicago the past few weeks feeling it out but it's not a great time of year to be looking for apartments and the ones that do pop up get rented seemingly before they're posted. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

I know way more about PA cities than I should for someone who's never been there.

Last edited by NotAMomJohn; 08-25-2022 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:35 PM
WAHM Regular

Smile

Rent is high everywhere right now in the US. There is currently a shortage of housing that is available where I live in Wisconsin and the rent is outrageous here as well. People are on waiting lists to get into apartments and some here are even living in hotels. I feel very fortunate that my husband & I were able to buy our home 23 years ago. "NotAMomJohn," I live about 3 hours away from Chicago, I was there this past June to take someone to the O'hare Airport. It's a great city and I enjoy visiting there from time to time. I hope you will find an apartment soon.

Last edited by Diamond500; 08-25-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old 08-25-2022, 08:51 PM
WAHM Addict

Congratulations Retired in NC on your upcoming marriage. So, glad God gave you someone else to love.

Yesssssssssss, oh my goodness I remember when we were paid by check also. I kept my stubs for the longest time. And finally got rid of them a year or so, after we started being paid by direct deposit. Wow it seems like a lifetime ago, when I 1st started.

IT Guy ----------- okay so I gotta ask. I'm originally from New England (CT) but have never liked the Patriots. Soooooooooooo if you are into football are you a Browns or Steelers fan?

I am a HUGE Steelers fan, but right now we have a QB situation. Looking forward to the regular football season though. I see a couple of other Pennsylvanians on here. If you are a football fan, who is your PA team?
Old 08-26-2022, 05:57 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
Congratulations Retired in NC on your upcoming marriage. So, glad God gave you someone else to love.

Yesssssssssss, oh my goodness I remember when we were paid by check also. I kept my stubs for the longest time. And finally got rid of them a year or so, after we started being paid by direct deposit. Wow it seems like a lifetime ago, when I 1st started.

IT Guy ----------- okay so I gotta ask. I'm originally from New England (CT) but have never liked the Patriots. Soooooooooooo if you are into football are you a Browns or Steelers fan?

I am a HUGE Steelers fan, but right now we have a QB situation. Looking forward to the regular football season though. I see a couple of other Pennsylvanians on here. If you are a football fan, who is your PA team?
Pittsburgh Steelers.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:00 PM
Registered WAHM

I live in Southeast Iowa. I used to key when it was VirtualBee (back in 2012 and they were sending out paper checks) and then through Lionbridge but took a long break to work outside the home and didn't know until recently when I decided to work from home again that it is now Key For Cash. I recently signed up to key through Key For Cash and I'm hoping to get on with them soon. A little about me: I'm married and have 4 daughters and 2 grandsons. I also speak, read and write fluently in Spanish.