Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-20-2022, 08:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Test Snippets

I just can't anymore with the test snippets. My error rate is 0.5%. This is now the third company I have done this for, and I have never had so many come up. For Lionbridge, I only had them in the categories that I did not do often, such as Multiple Choice. Okay, rant over.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2022, 12:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Agreed lol. The ones in alphanumeric are the worst for me.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:15 PM
Super WAHM

Yeah, I've brought this up several times. The worst thing is that it seems to happen the most when the snippets are at their shortest, so you'll blaze through a small handful of snippets that might all be one letter each and then it's really long test snippet, rinse and repeat. And it happens often enough that I don't think it can be explained just by getting through shorter snippets more quickly. Those characters add up and it really disrupts the flow/rhythm/whatever.

Last edited by NotAMomJohn; 05-20-2022 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:59 AM
Registered WAHM

I think the worst part is having to key in 18 more in a row (yes, I counted) if you accidentally key one in wrong. I feel like I am being punished when this happens.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:33 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahbutnotamom View Post
I think the worst part is having to key in 18 more in a row (yes, I counted) if you accidentally key one in wrong. I feel like I am being punished when this happens.
Nice screenname! They've been really bad in alpha today.
Old 05-29-2022, 10:31 AM
WAHM Regular

The overwhelming number of test snippets and "punishment" test snippets is an ongoing issue. Back on 9/17/20, IT Guy posted this reply to a similar thread:
"Sorry to hear that, as it does sound quite frustrating. In the short-term, we're continuing to look into reducing the QA rates further. I've reached out to the support team again on that. Unfortunately, not all the operators have as high a level of accuracy as you do.

We have long-term plans to eliminate the QA snippets entirely for those operators with a very high accuracy rate, or have the system reduce the QA rate significantly as accuracy increases. However, those changes will require new development and testing, and while I can promise we'll be working on it, I can't provide a time frame of when that will be put in place. But again, we'll see what we can do in the short-term to provide some faster relief."
Maybe he could look into this again sometime after the holiday weekend?

Old 05-30-2022, 04:26 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahbutnotamom View Post
Yes, I agree. I feel the same way as if I'm being punished for making one mistake, then 20 test snippets show up. (I keep count too) And as stated they are ones with a lot of characters and that adds up. I find it is worse in alpha/numeric. In numbers only, you only get a few and it doesn't bother me as much. Sometimes after keying for a long time I start to get tired and mess up. So, when I see myself doing this 2 or 3 times, I just get off and take a break.
Old 05-30-2022, 07:40 PM
WAHM Addict

Woo Hoo!!! More work was loaded in and I was able to have happy fingers for a couple of hours (or more) tonight. About to get off and get in the bed & get ready for the B&M job in the morning. Thanks for loading more in.

OK night owls have fun. There seems to still be plenty more to key for anyone wanting to pull an all-nighter.

Happy keying.