Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:27 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy View Post
Nope, in all of those cases you should key "/" for blanks. Forget about keying a 0. Everyone is used to keying those types of snippets as blanks using the slash, so please continue to do so. That will ensure everyone gets credit for the keystroke and the snippets are not skipped.
OK thanks for clarifying that we were getting credit, when we keyed a "/" to denote it as a blank field. I thought that for all these years I was getting credit. It's good to know I can still keep keying the "/" and not change my brain to adjust to keying in a "0".

Enjoy the weekend all.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2022, 10:58 AM
Super WAHM

I'm not sure if we're supposed to key the / in "PA /"
Old 04-27-2022, 12:17 PM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAMomJohn View Post
I'm not sure if we're supposed to key the / in "PA /"
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:04 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPaws808 View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
I did it without today and my rejecteds were way up, but I feel like I've done it with before and suffered the same fate, so I don't know.
Old 04-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
I did it without today and my rejecteds were way up, but I feel like I've done it with before and suffered the same fate, so I don't know.
Same thing here. My rejection rate for Alphanumeric was abnormally high yesterday.

Besides "PA /" snippets, there are other kinds/patterns of snippets in Alphanumeric that are very confusing to me. This happens often in the street addresses, but when there is clearly no spaces placed after "," ("," and an alphabet or a number are typed/written right next to each other without leaving any space), I key them exactly the way I see...with no space, and my rejection rates go up.

If anyone knows how to handle this type of snippets, I'd appreciate for your help or advice. Thank you
Old 04-28-2022, 09:35 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPaws808 View Post
Same thing here. My rejection rate for Alphanumeric was abnormally high yesterday.

Besides "PA /" snippets, there are other kinds/patterns of snippets in Alphanumeric that are very confusing to me. This happens often in the street addresses, but when there is clearly no spaces placed after "," ("," and an alphabet or a number are typed/written right next to each other without leaving any space), I key them exactly the way I see...with no space, and my rejection rates go up.

If anyone knows how to handle this type of snippets, I'd appreciate for your help or advice. Thank you
Yep, same for those. I asked support about that but didn't get a response.
Old 04-28-2022, 06:42 PM
WAHM Regular

The instructions for the different categories of work are all easily viewed. Hope this helps:

Data Entry - Alphanumeric

The simplest work type because there are just a few rules.
  • If an item is blank, type a single slash "/". You will see <BLANK> displayed and you will receive credit for a single keystroke.
  • If the item is illegible or you cannot satisfactorily determine the answer according to the rules for the format, then press "Enter" to skip it.
You Should
  • Key all letters (Ignore capitalization)
  • Key all numbers
  • Key spaces
  • Key symbols below
    . , : ? % @ & / _- '
You Should Not
  • Correct any misspellings
  • Key more than one space between words (you will not get credit for incorrect spaces)
  • Key symbols below
    ! # $ ^ * ( ) < > \ + ; [ { ] } "
Old 04-28-2022, 07:29 PM
Super WAHM

They are but there are instances where I'll do it by the book and end up with a ton of rejecteds. I did include the / today and didn't have the sky high rejecteds.

The question I had for support was whether we leave a space when there's a character we omit between two others we key, like: a(b)c or 1,(2)

Last edited by NotAMomJohn; 04-28-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:00 AM
Super WAHM

Thumbs up

Quote:
They are but there are instances where I'll do it by the book and end up with a ton of rejecteds. I did include the / today and didn't have the sky high rejecteds.

The question I had for support was whether we leave a space when there's a character we omit between two others we key, like: a(b)c or 1,(2)
Those would be keyed with the space in lieu of the parenthesis.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:12 AM
Super WAHM

ITGUY, I've been noticing a lot of snippets in Alphanumeric that look like that didnt get scanned correctly. There are like 3 or 4 lines of information but you need to magnify the snippet to read it. I have been skipping these.