Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:02 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Quick Update - 4/27/20

Our office has moved to working two shifts, instead of one. We are basically splitting the work force in half to reduce the number of people in the building at one time and follow COVID19 protocols, while still producing the same amount of work (or more).

How this relates to you all, is that this means we could be scanning up to 16 hours a day. I can't guarantee you'll see a lot more work, but the snippets from us could be coming nearly any time of day now. Hopefully it might mean some of you will see more work coming in the evenings.

We just started this new double shift today, so we'll see how it goes. As usual, if I see any decent volumes available, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2020, 12:22 PM
WAHM Regular

AKA Rumblestrip here! Had problems logging in to WAHM and had to set up a new account!
Thank you for the update. I made a big mistake of updating my email with Lionbridge now when I log in it wants to take me to the agreement page as if I am a newbie. Last email I received from Lionbridge was late last night, I responded around 9am (est) and still haven't heard back. So as soon as they get me back in, I will be happy to key to my hearts content! lol
Old 04-28-2020, 01:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Needed some good news, thanks. Hope everybody's staying safe, though.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:36 PM
WAHM Addict

Thanks so much for the update ITImagingGuy. That explains why I've been seeing lots more work in the evening and all through the wee hours of the morn. Very happy for that, as I've stayed up and keyed until 3:00 or 4:00 AM in the morning from the previous evening. I love all-nighters like that. That is what I was used to when I first started doing the data entry and when it was under Key For Cash, then VirutalBee, before LionBridge took over.

Retired in NC, I had an issue with my email a couple of times. I have my password set to be saved. But every now and again my computer would switch IP addresses. When it would do this my password wouldn't be saved. I would put in what I thought it was (that's why I saved it in case I forgot it). Then when it didn't accept that password and I just couldn't remember what it was, I would try to change the password. When I tried changing the password, it would tell me that the email address was not activated and couldn't be reinstated or the password couldn't be changed.

I would then go out of the account for a while and go back and my saved password would be back and I would be able to get in. But it's happened a couple of times, but always corrects itself. So, not sure why that happens, but it is weird. I hope they get your situation straightened out soon.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:28 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow! Keying until 3-4am? Well whatever works for you, glad we are able to provide some work.

Yeah, with this new schedule, we have a lot of automation where things kick off at midnight EST. Especially lately, if you happen to be on just after midnight, it's likely we're sending new work your way.

We're still adjusting to the longer hours and timing of things, but so far so good. We're fortunate to be able to be working, so no complaints there.

From what it looks like, we wont hit the huge peak of work like we usually did in prior years. However, we will be processing the same amount of work, just spread out more throughout the day and longer into the summer. So you will run out from time to time, but there should always be more coming soon.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:41 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_IT_Imaging_Guy View Post
Wow! Keying until 3-4am? Well whatever works for you, glad we are able to provide some work.

Yeah, with this new schedule, we have a lot of automation where things kick off at midnight EST. Especially lately, if you happen to be on just after midnight, it's likely we're sending new work your way.

We're still adjusting to the longer hours and timing of things, but so far so good. We're fortunate to be able to be working, so no complaints there.

From what it looks like, we wont hit the huge peak of work like we usually did in prior years. However, we will be processing the same amount of work, just spread out more throughout the day and longer into the summer. So you will run out from time to time, but there should always be more coming soon.

Yes, I am seriously a night owl. I've got it bad, especially since the virus situation and the stay at home order in my state. I'm now working from home for my B&M job. So, when I'm done with that I'm usually scanning SmartCrowd for work. And as you pointed out you all load stuff at midnight EST (time zone I'm in, yayyyyyy!!) So, I've been catching lots of work until around those hours. My sleep schedule is all out of whack now that I don't have to get up at 5:20 AM to get ready for the B&M. I can work the B&M whenever I wake up, then I'm free to stay up all night with LionBridge if I want. It's crazy I know, but for now my wiring is set to sleeping in late and staying up all night.

Take care and be safe and thanks again so much for all of your informative updates.