Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Super WAHM

Default Checkbox burps

Checkboxes are giving me fits.

For lack of a better explanation, the addition of new batches I call "burps" because the current snippet is visible and then all of a sudden it "burps" to a new snippet. My fingers are poised to key the one I saw as current before the burp and not the new burped one. If I catch myself in time, I don't miskey it but often my fingers are flying and it's too late to stop myself. That is most annoying and then I have to slow quite alot to avoid wrong answers. It's CRUCIAL not to get wrong answers in this category as a person could lose keying privileges for too many wrong ones, as the instructions say. And if that isn't crazy enough, sometimes it just sits there with a gray snippet box and it takes a very long time for anything to come in. This happens in other categories as well but checkboxes seem to experience it often. I clear my cache regularly ... which has been suggested as a remedy to these anomalies.

In other types of work, the addition of more snippets is hardly noticeable. I would guess it's because there are more characters in each snippet and there's more "time" for the new batch to come in and not be so noticeable. I see the addition at times but it seems to be less dramatic of a change.

Does anyone experience this? Do you know what I'm talking about?

Last edited by viwiz; 04-08-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2017, 07:33 PM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
Checkboxes are giving me fits.

For lack of a better explanation, the addition of new batches I call "burps" because the current snippet is visible and then all of a sudden it "burps" to a new snippet. My fingers are poised to key the one I saw as current before the burp and not the new burped one. If I catch myself in time, I don't miskey it but often my fingers are flying and it's too late to stop myself. That is most annoying and then I have to slow quite alot to avoid wrong answers. It's CRUCIAL not to get wrong answers in this category as a person could lose keying privileges for too many wrong ones, as the instructions say. And if that isn't crazy enough, sometimes it just sits there with a gray snippet box and it takes a very long time for anything to come in. This happens in other categories as well but checkboxes seem to experience it often. I clear my cache regularly ... which has been suggested as a remedy to these anomalies.

In other types of work, the addition of more snippets is hardly noticeable. I would guess it's because there are more characters in each snippet and there's more "time" for the new batch to come in and not be so noticeable. I see the addition at times but it seems to be less dramatic of a change.

Does anyone experience this? Do you know what I'm talking about?
LOL, yup I know what you're talking about. It happens to me too. It's because the system isn't keeping up with us. On checkboxes I fly too, and if I'm not paying attention I'll be on the next snippet keying it and the last one hasn't even finished loading. It's very frustrating. I feel your pain.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Same here.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMia View Post
LOL, yup I know what you're talking about. It happens to me too. It's because the system isn't keeping up with us. On checkboxes I fly too, and if I'm not paying attention I'll be on the next snippet keying it and the last one hasn't even finished loading. It's very frustrating. I feel your pain.
It is frustrating. Keying next snippet when the last one hasn't even loaded has happened to me quite a bit too. You can see the lookaheads but the current snippet is MIA. Go figure! I wonder why the lags and burps? This didn't happen before. We are just too speedy for our own good! Clearing the cache doesn't help either. I'm just gonna go mad before my time. LOL
Old 04-10-2017, 02:41 AM
WAHM Addict

[QUOTE=viwiz;3288640]It is frustrating. Keying next snippet when the last one hasn't even loaded has happened to me quite a bit too. You can see the lookaheads but the current snippet is MIA. Go figure! I wonder why the lags and burps? This didn't happen before. We are just too speedy for our own good! Clearing the cache doesn't help either. I'm just gonna go mad before my time. LOL

lollllllllllllllllllllllll I know right. This never happened when it was KFC. I guess LB's servers just aren't fast enough. Thanks for my morning laugh as I'm preparing to go to my B&M job.

Have an awesome day
Old 04-10-2017, 03:09 PM
Super WAHM

[QUOTE=LadyMia;3288659]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
It is frustrating. Keying next snippet when the last one hasn't even loaded has happened to me quite a bit too. You can see the lookaheads but the current snippet is MIA. Go figure! I wonder why the lags and burps? This didn't happen before. We are just too speedy for our own good! Clearing the cache doesn't help either. I'm just gonna go mad before my time. LOL

lollllllllllllllllllllllll I know right. This never happened when it was KFC. I guess LB's servers just aren't fast enough. Thanks for my morning laugh as I'm preparing to go to my B&M job.

Have an awesome day
Glad I could offer a morning laugh. I think we all need those from time to time. Have a fantastic day as well!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth View Post
Same here.
I have put in a second ticket and basically they asked the same questions and gave one solution: clear your cache.

And now they want a screen shot, time and date it happened, what I was doing right before the accident happened ..... oh boy. I would be lucky to get a screenshot (if I even had time to do such a thing) while keying.

Hmmmmmm .... now I know I will go mad before my appointed time.

UPDATE: I got an answer that it is a server issue that they are putting on high priority to resolve. My sanity might be salvaged after all. LOL

Last edited by viwiz; 04-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.