Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 01-29-2012, 12:45 PM
cmkstar's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambb View Post
And for pennies a day............... it is NOT A REAL JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just so all know.
I was gonna say that too. I only make a couple hundred a month there. Congrats to chloesmama for making so much last month! But either way, they aren't obligated to hire every person that applies with a good score.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2012, 02:01 AM
viwiz's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 451
Default

Wow, chloesmama, that's great! I haven't made payout since Jan. 15th. There hasn't been much to key and I lose interest when the snippets are horrible. I had several good weeks in a row so I can't complain. Have you made payout every week up to the end of this month?

I got a new mechanical keyboard to replace my old one that I wore out so I am hopeful this one will be the ticket to a faster keying experience. So far I love it. Now to get some good long runs of material to type and I will be happy.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:19 AM
chloesmama's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viwiz View Post
Wow, chloesmama, that's great! I haven't made payout since Jan. 15th. There hasn't been much to key and I lose interest when the snippets are horrible. I had several good weeks in a row so I can't complain. Have you made payout every week up to the end of this month?

I got a new mechanical keyboard to replace my old one that I wore out so I am hopeful this one will be the ticket to a faster keying experience. So far I love it. Now to get some good long runs of material to type and I will be happy.
I've made payout every week since I started in November but they are getting lower and lower because of unavailable work and bad snippets. I am putting alot of time in to make the payouts but this is my only income right now so I appreciate every little bit I can get. When I started there were lots of easy to read, long runs of alpha snippets to key and it made it easier to make money but now....Just hope it gets better so we can make some money again.

BTW- has anyone tried Mturk keying business cards for .02? Ugh.... I tried a few but it took a while to key just one, I thought KFC pay rate was bad but I think KFC actually pays more..LOL
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 AM
cmkstar's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesmama View Post
I've made payout every week since I started in November but they are getting lower and lower because of unavailable work and bad snippets. I am putting alot of time in to make the payouts but this is my only income right now so I appreciate every little bit I can get. When I started there were lots of easy to read, long runs of alpha snippets to key and it made it easier to make money but now....Just hope it gets better so we can make some money again.

BTW- has anyone tried Mturk keying business cards for .02? Ugh.... I tried a few but it took a while to key just one, I thought KFC pay rate was bad but I think KFC actually pays more..LOL
The $0.02 cards on MTurk are a waste of your time unless you're trying to bring your stats up. But, I make $20-$80/day just on MTurk, so there's work out there! KFC is one of the things I use to tie everything together. The best part about MTurk is that payout is only $10 and if you transfer before that day's cut off the money will be in your bank account the next day.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:13 PM
chloesmama's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkstar View Post
The $0.02 cards on MTurk are a waste of your time unless you're trying to bring your stats up. But, I make $20-$80/day just on MTurk, so there's work out there! KFC is one of the things I use to tie everything together. The best part about MTurk is that payout is only $10 and if you transfer before that day's cut off the money will be in your bank account the next day.
Thanks for sharing that info., I will have to check out some of their other projects.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
viwiz's Avatar
Super WAHM
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 451
Default

I do business cards for 2 cents apiece and they get easier as you get the hang of it. I was trying to figure which was more of a money maker, MTurk or KFC .. and I don't know for sure. I don't put more than 50-100 keystrokes into each card .. some more or some less. It's a toss up, I think. But when one has work; the other does not .. and vice versa .. so it all fits together like a puzzle.

I am definitely lovin' this new keyboard. It is totally awesome and soooo worth it!!!
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 810
Default

Which Mturk jobs do you do to make $20 or more a day?
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 PM
cmkstar's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 151
Default

Mostly writing and transcription. Surveys, high value business cards and random hits that I find that I like.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
kjm's Avatar
kjm kjm is offline
Awesome WAHM
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkstar View Post
Mostly writing and transcription. Surveys, high value business cards and random hits that I find that I like.
Hi, could you please explain to me exactly what Mturk jobs are and where to start up? What are the high value business card jobs? I'm new to all of that but thoroughly enjoy typing and feel it might be a good egg for me to get. Any info./tips are greatly appreciated!!

I've applied for Key for Cash and am in the 99th percentile ... just waiting to hear back and applying elsewhere as well. I'm happy to hear of others doing well with them, though! Makes me hopeful!
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 PM
pat_nc's Avatar
WAHM Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Morehead City, NC
Posts: 158
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaVB27 View Post
hired with KFC?
I most really be out of the loop...I thought you were talking about Kentucky Fried Chicken! SMH
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off